Stuck processes

I sent in a troublecall/logs yesterday (Log: 4dafaaae-a504-4306-895e-ef19fca0e5ad)
I've been getting stuck processes such as this show from 1/3 that's still trying to process:

Activity

Processing recording TV\9-1-1 Lone Star\9-1-1 Lone Star S03E01 The Big Chill 2022-01-03-1955.mpg

Regenerating video index for 9-1-1 Lone Star S03E01 The Big Chill 2022-01-03-1955.mpg.

1 Like

I've not heard back from support on this. :frowning:

How often is it happening? Every recording? Once a week?

Hard to say, not sure if when it gets stuck it can't process any other files or not.
It happened prior to a Kenan show as well

I've noticed this too - same issue stuck on both Processing Recording and Regenerating Video Index.

Restarting the DVR server process seems to give it a nudge along, but happens again shortly after. Have just updated DVR server to latest pre-release to see if that resolves the problem.

In addition, it's causing the DVR to not run Commercial Skip on some recordings.

1 Like

Haven't seen the problem myself (yet), but I'm pretty sure if it's Regenerating Video Index after a recording finishes it's because the recording was interrupted or has timestamp issues.
The Processing Recording will stay there until the Regenerating Video Index is done.
So appears the problem is Regenerating Video Index.

I agree with chDVRuser. I see this frequently on my Mother's channels setup (windows10). As far as I can remember, every time if I look at the recording in the library, the recording has an interrupted tag. What I haven't figured out is why she gets so many interrupted recordings. I've had those messages stay on there for several days and then they go away or I delete the recording and then reboot the server and it will go away then (one reason a restart channels server process button would be good for me, don't know if just whacking the job does it cleanly). Typically if I delete the recording and reboot the server it will pick up another interrupted recording and repeat the process until finally they are all cleaned up. I replaced her router just last week to see if it was the culprit, it has been known to lock up and need rebooting from time to time.

are you still having this issue? if not, what did you do to resolve? Still impacting my DVR.

Do you still have that 9-1-1 recording? Can you upload it to Dropbox - Submit files

Please try this prerelease:

1 Like

thankyou - I'll monitor rest of day and report back.

I do still have the recording, yes. It's uploading to Dropbox now.

1 Like

v2022.02.02.0112 fixed my issue.

2 Likes

Fix resolved the issue on my side also. Thank-you!

1 Like