Stuttering since latest update

I updated my DVR and the Apple TV, and OTA recorded shows are stuttering during play back. They play for about 1/4 or so of a second, then freeze for the same amount, and keep doing this the whole time.

I didn’t see any errors in the recording log, and when I try to view the same program on my iPhone (with the same version), it’s fine. I can even mirror my iPhone to the Apple TV and it works fine, but it won’t work natively from the Apple TV.

Is this probably something with my network? The Apple TV is using WiFi (can’t get an Ethernet connection there), but the dvr and hdhomerun are both hooked up via Ethernet (had a problem with that in the past, and was able to hardwire the DVR).

Any suggestions, could it be the app, or just my Apple TV?

Is there anything reported when you select View Details on the recording?

No, that’s why I was wondering if it was the Apple TV, the Apple TV channels beta app, or my network, even though it worked fine streaming from my iPhone to the Apple TV.

Please Submit Diagnostic Logs from the Apple TV app after playing and seeing this behavior.

The next time it happens I will. I tried to just watch the show again, and it was fine. Which makes me think network? It’s happened every day in earlier hours, so let me try again tomorrow evening and if it happens, I’ll send the log.

Also, thanks for the quick replies! I appreciate it!!! Love what you guys are building!

They’ll be able to look at the logs you submitted to confirm, but you’re in the right track. It’s almost certainly a network issue. Perhaps there was more interference than usual at the time you were having the problem. If it happens again it may be worth doing a scan on your router and choosing a less congested channel (if there is one).