Subtitle

Would it be possible to set the subtitle options at a server level?

1 Like

What do you mean?

For example, I have a virtual channel with a mixture of movies that require subtitles and some that dont. Instead of having to turn subtitles on and off between movies, on the web server have the option to choose the subtitles to be used for said movie. Similar to the playback speed option that was recently implemented.

1 Like

Okay I understand. Preferred subtitles and audio track per movie is a planned feature.

5 Likes

Does Channels support default/forced subtitles? For instance, sidecar files named title.en.forced.srt, or the forced flag set on embedded subtitles in Matroska containers.

(If so, one could use such options instead of a server setting; set it with the files themselves.)

Just adding a +1 to this request. Didnt know I needed it until I imported some overseas cartoons that had multiple subtitles and languages.

The client remembering the option chosen last time with the show or there being a default from the server side would be helpful.

1 Like

Excellent! Would this also allow you to set subtitles per show too? That would be a similar capability that I would be interested in.

Any updates on this requested feature?

I see the feature was added for TV shows… any ETA on when this feature will be available for Movies as well?