Suddenly lost some channels (Discovery + DirecTV)

I just suddenly lost some TVE channels and I am getting this error

403: Not permitted to watch. (access.denied.missingpackage)

Is this a problem with the provider or something to do with TVE not authorizing all of a sudden?

TVE can be anything you should say what provider you are using... or are the developers supposed to guess.???

DirectTv

Ensure you are using the latest pre-release build (2021.08.28.0245 as I post this, I believe). Next, check whether you can log in and access that network's stream from their website in an incognito/private browser window.

After that, then report back, providing:

• Which provider provides authentication for TV Everywhere for you
  • The actual version number of your DVR server (it may be newer than what I mentioned)
  • Which channel is having the problem
  • What are the exact error messages in your DVR server's logs when you try to access the channel

Directv
DIY
Science Channel

action=error_response type=Document error=net::ERR_ABORTED url=https://www.sciencechannel.com/live-now

Have you gone to the Science Channel website and tried to stream there? In the DVR web UI, have you tried to rescan DIY and Science?

Just tried. Even though I am logged in it says none of the channels are in my package yet I can watch any of the other Discovery family of channels on TVE except those two

They recently changed how Science authenticates, and they may be switching others over, too.

There are at least 3 different threads discussing the changes with Science and DIY, including issues with them no longer authenticating. I suggest you search for those threads and see if something there may have more details for you.

But generally, if it's not working on their website, then there isn't anything Channels can do. You'll just have to wait until DirecTV fixes their authentication backend to work with the changes that Discovery is making to their websites.

You need to contact directv support

I can confirm that neither Science nor DIY will play with DirecTV credentials here. So, I'm going to double down on the backend authentication issue. As such, it's a DirecTV problem, and nothing Channels can really do about it.

1 Like

Tried to authorize thru my Xfinity account and that did not work either. Guess the authorization issues are all over the place.

DIY and the affiliated networks are a constant problem with Xfinity. Every couple of weeks they stop working, and to get them to work you have to update to the latest pre-release, log out, and then log back in. I just did mine a week ago and DIY is already not working again. Eventually it starts to drop other channels too, but the Discovery family of networks always goes first.

Xifinity is my third level of authorization. YTTV and Directv are 1st and 2nd.

You can contact Discovery GO support:

1 Like

FYI: this is their email address [email protected]

1 Like

Since the latest DVR pre-release 2021.08.30.2158 has switched to using the sciencechannel.com authentication for all Discovery networks, if you have not yet contact support to get your TVE credentials working at sciencechannel.com, DO NOT update your pre-release. If you update without resolving the inability to stream Sciene —either with Discovery support, DirecTV support, or whoever—then you will lose ALL Discovery Networks channels until you do.

Once you can log in to sciencechannel.com and watch live, then you can go ahead and update to the latest pre-release.

1 Like

Well, I spoke a little too soon. Whatever change Discovery made on their end last Thursday fixed the issue I was having with several of their networks, but not with all of them. I'm still getting the error message "Network Not in Your TV Package" for the following 4 networks: Cooking, Discovery Life, Destination America, and AHC. I wrote them again just now and will let you guys know what they tell me.

It's fixed as of this morning. I was able to add the channels back.

1 Like