Suggestion: Add a clock to the bottom banner when you swipe up

A clock when you swipe up on the bottom would be helpful for me to see the current time. Just an idea. Thanks

4 Likes

+1 on this

1 Like

++++ on this

What “bottom banner” are you referring to? On tvOS or iOS? Neither app has a “swipe up” gesture anywhere

The bottom banner on tvOS, it may be the gesture that is an up arrow and not a swipe up. I am using a Harmony remote and when I press the up arrow a banner comes up on the bottom that shows the show that your are watching and where you are in the timeline of the show. Adding a clock to this banner could be helpful. Thanks

Ok I understand now.

The current time should be visible on the timeline, under the cursor. Although if rewind then its no longer the current time.

It would be good to have the current time always displayed separate from the timeline time. I usually don’t watch live shows, so the time is not the current time. Thanks.

When watching Live, the current time is displayed, but when you’ve paused a live show and are behind time, it shows the time that it was when that part was playing. I don’t find this very useful as I really just want to know how far behind I am, not what time I’m effectivly at. So currently, I have to look at this “behind time” then look at an actual clock somewhere and work out how many minutes I’m behind.

Instead, how about changing the “behind clock” to show how many minutes behind you are, e.g. “-7 minutes”, instead of “19:53” (when it’s acutally 20:00).

You could then add a simple clock to the screen (top right?), then everyone is happy whether watching live, behind time or recorded programs.

This would also make it possible to tell if you are currently watching live or if you are slightly behind, as currently there is no way to tell this if you’re just behind a little bit, other than pressing back and seeing if it pops up with the warning!

So that’s 3 things this would improve at once! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think this is a great idea…when paused it doesn’t show how far “delayed” the program is. Is there a way to add this…show how far behind we are etc?

1 Like