Support for ARM NAS?

Getting the following when trying to setup TV Everywhere with Youtube TV.

53%20PM

ideas?

1 Like

Yes. In order to use TVE within Channels you have to have installed Google Chrome on your DVR machine for authors purposes.

1 Like

Crap, it's a NAS device. Not sure I can do that. Ugh... My iMac has been acting up, so I've been running it on my NAS. Guess it's time for a new machine.

Now that I think about it may work also from a computer from which you can access the DVR web configuration. Try that and see if it will work.

That's what I was doing. I had my iMac accessing http://personalcloud.local:8089/admin/settings. I also tried the remote url http://my.channelsdvr.net/. Same error.

1 Like

Many people run it on a NAS .. make sure you are running the latest version if on a docker you have the correct image. I do not think it runs on Arm based NAS's.

28%20PM 36%20PM31%20PM

Requirements
You will need:

Channels Plus subscription
Channels DVR Server running on one of the following:
a. Mac with Google Chrome installed (into /Applications)
b. Windows PC with Google Chrome installed
c. Linux PC or NAS using a 64-bit Intel CPU
d. Docker container using fancybits/channels-dvr:tve
e. NVidia SHIELD
Other DVR platforms (like ARM-based NAS) do not currently support this new feature.

1 Like

:frowning:

1 Like

ARM based NAS are not supported at this time, but we may add support in the future. The problem is this feature requires Chrome so we have to install an ARM build of Chrome onto the NAS somehow to make it work.

I wonder if there is some headless chrome library you can use? I know some apps use a headless inappbrowser to complete oauth flows. Is this Node based?

We already have a headless chrome library. The problem is we need Chrome to use it.

Any update to the NAS and TVE? Just tried setting it all up, and found the problem. Would love to switch channels from my primary Mac to my NAS.

2 Likes

any updates on getting the TVE on NAS?

1 Like

Unsupported sorry. If you want TVE you will need a different NAS.

copy, and I am guessing there is no need to pursue this further? What would you recommend doing, I don't want channels to be running on my primary computer which is a MacBook Pro.

I have a the following available.

Terra Master NAS
Drobo 5D
(2) Raspberry Pi 4
old MacBook laptop
old windows laptop

what would you do? should I hook up a pi to the nas as storage and run channels there?

You could:

1. run it on the pi with mounted drives. usb attached drives will have less i/o wait than working with network storage.

2. run it on the old macbook or windows laptop with usb drives.

3. purchase a NAS that uses an Intel processor with QuickSync and run it there.

4. keep running on your macbook pro.

Thanks, I think I am going to try the Pi route, saw some tutorials looks like just rasbian and then a linux version of cdvr

if the super bowl is boring looks like ill be doing that today!

thanks for the input, anyone who has done a RPi 4 CDVR install with TVE have any good tips or a write up please lmk!

1 Like