Sync Favorites

Doesn’t seem to work when I try this? Just gives me option to manage channel which allows me to favourite or hide

Would you happen to be on an Apple TV with tvOS 14.3? Apple broke the feature in the current OS version, but it will return when Apple releases 14.4 with the fix.

1 Like

Is there a list somewhere of clients thst sync with the dvr server and ones that dont? I set my favorites on the dvr server itself in channel management. On iOS app, I can select favorites and it gives me the favorites I set on the server If I am on Android tv there are no favorites I have to set them all over again on the remote device.

Not sure how to tell if I’m doing something wrong or if that is just the expected behavior.

Just use the Import option on the client.

Well that was tough to find. I went through Manage Sources, General, Library, Playback, Support, and Debug and didn't see anything about importing favorites. Went back and went to each independent source inside the Manage Sources menu and found a sync option. Thanks for the tip, didn't see that documented anywhere!

I found it easier to hide the 'Favorites' category using the server side settings, and then create a Channel Collection called Favs. Add the channels I want as a favorite in there, set the order I want and then it's there on all clients, always updated and in the same order.

1 Like

Yes but I still need to set favorites in order for content to show on the channels row on android home screen as well as for guide info to show up in the quick guide when I down arrow while watching TV right? or can those be linked to a collection? Thats my whole reason for setting favorites in the first place

1 Like

I haven't set favs on my clients, but still get homescreen channels (in TVOS this is on the topshelf) for the favs set on server side for my HDHR.

You're right re: quick guide, it seems to default to 'all channels' for me. TBH i havent used that feature a lot.

Why don't the favs set on the source sync with the clients? I may setup a fav collection as suggested.

The preferred method of sharing Favorites is through Channel Collections. Via the server define separate Channel Collections and then assign them globally to all clients, or individually on a per-client basis.

I like the Channel Collections. This is the way to do it, for sure.