Sync Favorites

4 iOS devices and 3 Apple TV… I would love the ability to sync favorites.

Best way to do this for now is via my.hdhomerun.com. The favorites will be set on your HDHomeRun and get imported the first time you install and run the app.

1 Like

So to sync up would I have to remove and add back the HDHR or uninstall and reinstall the Channels application on my devices?

You would need to uninstall and reinstall Channels.

We know this sucks and plan to improve favorites syncing this year.

1 Like

Curious if there’s been any updates to this? I’m running three Apple TVs and this would be a ha day feature.

Thanks!

I just tried the uninstall / reinstall on my iPhone, and it didn’t sync my favorites. I’ve got a Connect and a Prime HDHR, but for some reason on some iOS devices my favorites don’t seem to sync from the DVR.

1 Like

Syncing favorites should also include syncing the order. Having to move the favorites around to be in the same place across half a dozen+ iOS devices and Apple TVs gets old very quickly. Ideally...using iCloud for storing favorites information AND order.

Huge pain point in what is otherwise a great setup experience.

1 Like

What do you mean by syncing order?

You can change the order of the favorites, so those that are your favorite favorites are listed first. (Or perhaps you want them in alphabetical order as opposed to being sorted by channel number. Or maybe .... You get the idea.)

1 Like

I keep learning new things! My Favoriting was done via the HDHR, so didn't even know you can re-order.

I just found out it does not pull from HDHomeRun after I change the HDHomeRun. You said in Jan 18 that you planned to improve syncing this year. Did anything happen where I need to change a setting? I like the idea of being able to have some Apple TV's with there own favorites. But would be nice to have an option to have it resync with the DVR/HDHomeRun.

1 Like

With addition of TVE I’m having a really hard time keeping favorites synced across all devices. It would really be great to just have a simple button to click on the clients to say sync to DVR server.

1 Like

Workin’ on it :hugs:

8 Likes

Was this included in V4.0? If so, how does it work exactly. Trying to get all our Apple TVs setup the same for favorites and channel order and I think I've made a mess of it between settings in HDHR, Server, and the Apps.

Not yet.

I thought I saw a feature in the settings about loading or backing up something? What is that?

I don't see anything like that in the stable 4.0 release. Nor do I see anything in the latest beta.

There is a feature akin to this in the Android betas, but the unified syncing has not been completed.

1 Like

Maybe I saw it in the Android beta. I'll try again when I get a chance and get specific about what I'm talking about. Can you shed light on what the hierarchy of Hide/Favorites is? That would help. I can set Favorites/Hide in numerous different places and not sure what if anything flows. With my providers there also seems to be a lot of overlapping channels... for example some of the free streaming channels also show up in HDHomerun. I've got two identical HD Homeruns too. I just have no idea what is supposed to happen when I make these settings changes and what takes precedent.

I just learned this: You can add channels to your favorites on the Settings tab, then click and hold to reorder via On Now > Favorites.

Any news on this? Seems like it was in progress at one point, would love to have all my Apple clients respect the HDHR favorites.