Sync pause location to latest point

Whenever I watch something on a device and leave that device paused, any other devices will honor that paused point. This works great. The problem is when you resume watching on another device, forgetting that you never exited out of the show on the original device. The synced pause point will always be that original device no matter if you have paused another device at a later point in the timeline.

It would be great if Channels had the option to sync to the latest point played/paused rather than sync to a device that is still technically paused at that point. I understand that this might be the desired behavior for some but if there was a setting to enable to change it that would be great.

Ive mitigated this on some of my tvs with harmony remotes. When I press the off button it sends a command to open the guide on the channels app. This effectively exits the show and stops the sync issue. The problem is I watch TV on other devices as well. Then you have to go around the house and try to find the offending device and exit the channels app. Very frustrating.

You should stop the video. Not pause it. You’ll get the results you’re expecting.

Syncing a pause point isn’t something we’ll ever do as the client needs some kind of agency. Without it, you’re going to end up with a battle between clients.

So just stop the video. Don’t pause it. And you’re always going to resume at the exact right spot every time.

2 Likes

Situation is you pause and walk away thinking you are going to come back to it. also then someone could come behind you and turn the TV off.

When you say stop the video are you just meaning exit out of the player by hitting the back button?

Exit the video.