Synology 2 Bay NAS DiskStation DS220+

Has anyone setup a Synology 2 Bay NAS DiskStation DS220+ with Channels DVR. I can get one at a good price but wanted to make sure it would work before I purchase it.

It just came out, but the 218+ was the most popular NAS for Channels DVR before so the new one should work well too.

Thanks for the prompt reply, I'm new to Channels and a novice. I look on for detailed instructions to setup a Synology NAS and couldn't find it. I probably just missed it, could you tell me where I can find the instructions?

On getchannels.com/dvr-server/#synology

I have one. Installed about 3 weeks ago and it is working fine.

1 Like

I am wondering how your experience has been since. Any regrets?

I've been running multiple Channels DVR servers on two Synology NAS's for about 4 years and have no complaints or issues with the Synology NAS's.

2 Likes

I just setup a Synology 220+ a couple of weeks ago and I am very happy with the results. Prior to that I ran ChannelsDVR server off of Windows system.

Actually it was because of Channels and reading these community forums that I pulled the trigger and purchased the Synology and off loaded all my entertainment stuff (like Plex and Channels) right on to the NAS instead of running it off my desktop all the time.

It’s nice to have these things on dedicated hardware that is treated more as a device than a computer.

All that to say…less reboots. :joy:

3 Likes