System Requirements for Channels DVR

So I am a bit late to the channels party but super excited about the development of the project. I feel like this could finally be the solution I have been waiting for.

I read elsewhere that the DVR app will be Mac/Linux first but do you have any sense of the system requirements for the DVR? I am thinking about getting a Mac Mini as my server and trying to decide how much horse power I should invest in. As far as storage goes do you have a recommendation for GB per hour/min to aim for?

Thanks for all your work on this project!

Any modern Mac will be more than powerful enough.

HD content usually requires ~6GB/hour, depending on the channel.

1 Like

Any chance I can get in on the alpha? I want to make sure it runs on smartos via our lx branded zone work. Would be nice to weed out any OS issues we might have early on.

Will there be a Linux port for the DVR back-end or are you targeting Mac only?

You can read more about what the plans for platforms are in the Summer State of the Union.

DUH, not sure how I missed the State of the Union, sorry. :frowning:

Glad to see Linux support is in the mix! Been using your Channels app a lot since I bought it and no problems at all! Hats off to you and your fellow developers!

If your DVR back-end is half as good as your Channels app, I’m positive it will be a smash hit!

Keep up the great work!