T-Mobile killing their TVision service. Now YTTV and Philo

Yeaa...I clicked through the link and pages for the Philo one.
Enter in my TM nunber, login to my account, it sends me a txt code, then it loads a page "Opps. Something went wrong. Please try again".

Try again at a different time if you're really interested. I signed up this morning and completed the "submission" but, its a 2-3 day wait to see if you qualify.

Well, i already have a Philo account using my TM number...I am also pre-paid TM customer...that Something what wrong message, is what came up for every other TM post paid only promo i have tried to sign up for....so, i don't hold much hope.

I just applied for the Philo promotion - wait time is 1 to 3 days :frowning:

And chatted with another T-Mobile person who indicated the T-Vision app is definitely going away April 29th - the opposite of what I got the other day from a different T-Mobile chat person. So I guess we wait until May 1st to find out what it really is....

Nope. Still won't work. Same Opps something went wrong.

I tried calling CS from my phone via 611. person had no idea what I was talking about, a TM Philo promotion. Rep did not even know what Philo was.

Typical....

I am a long time T-Mobile customer. I am considering the current promotion through T-Mobile for the $10.00 per month discount for YouTubeTV.

But would I lose my current library and unique settings by doing this?

I may have to pause YouTubeTV anyway because I have no local sports (because of the whole Sinclair debacle). Will need to go to something else until the NBA playoffs are over.

I presume with pausing that all my content is retained.

How about the cancelling process through T-Mobile?

Does that wipe the slate clean and my whole existence with YouTubeTV? And is it worth it to save $120.00? These are my dilemmas.

Screenshot_20210411-142135|230x500

@Christopher_Jones If you are looking for detailed specifics on said promotional, You are asking in the wrong place.

Ask Tmobile and/or youtube. It's their promotion and fine print.

As of this point, no one here has posted that they have successfully signed up for this promo and given any details.

Who knows how it works for existing YTTV or Philo customers.
You may have to create and sign up for a new stream account through T.M, or they may have some way connecting TM account to YTTV/Philo account.
Or, as some promos they have had in the past, you just get the $ credit on your TM bill.

EDit: seeing your screen shot now, as it clearly states, yes, for YTTV, you MUST cancel your current sub and and then sign up using the TM promo code/link they send you.

I once used YTTV and canceled it. I did re-activate over a year later, for 1 month, and all my saved settings/preferences, etc were there. The "saved" past dvr content etc was gone, cause they only keep that while u are a subscriber. That was a few years ago though, so I can not say for certain and who know what Google has changed since then.

Actually, as I prefaced, these questions were my own dilemma. I really wasn't asking the forum to provide anything more than their own experiences and advice. I was merely putting it out to sample if anyone else happened to have any trial and error feedback with this.

Ironically, in your attempt to deflect an answer, you actually, inadvertently, provided the most useful answer on this I have to-date. You do have actual experience with this (on the retention of content from YTTV upon cancelling) and thus I'm encouraged by that. The Channels forum has produced once again.

1 Like

Doesn't impact current customers.