Tablo QUAD - Connection Lost:EOF

I've got a Tablo QUAD that I picked up at the thrift store used for $5. It works great with the Tablo app on Roku and iOS. No problems at all. All 4 tuners record and play well with the Tablo apps.

But however, in Channels, since I added this Tablo to Channels, I can't get it to stay recording or view more than 1 channel at a time. At first, I could record with it, but not Live TV view it. The Tablo has an internal 512GB SSD and a DHCP reserved IP address. It has the latest Tablo firmware 2.2.42

After a short time of maybe 1 or 2 minutes, the screen blanks with the message "Connection Lost:EOF" As well, even though I have 2 HDHR Extends and 2 TVE tuners, and the Tablo QUAD as the last tuner, the Tablo still grabs Live TV and recordings as if it was the first priority tuner.

Any ideas of how I can fix this?

I took this pic with STATS on screen, mere moments before the screen blanked out with the error.

Here is a pic while it is first turned on and working normal...

I've removed the Tablo, restarted the server. Updated my pre-release version. Added the Tablo back. Now it won't record more than 1 channel or watch more than 1 channel at a time.
Strange enough, the Tablo is the last tuner in my list after my HDHRs (by default and after moving priority around) but it is definitely the first tuner chosen to watch or record. And as you can see in the picture, it looks like it is named with a HDHR title.

Are you looking at the priority list on the DVR web UI or on the client?

Channels | Settings web UI

1 Like

Could be its using the client's priority then.

Maybe the tablo was at the thrift store because its defective?

1 Like

possibly, but it works perfectly as expected with the Tablo ATV and ROKU apps

I reset everything again. added the tablo back as last priority. set server side settings.
Server Side Only > Inherit Source Priority
Inherit Source Priority from the DVR server.

The Tablo is now recording all 4 channels fine... but if I try to view another channel, it says I don't have any free tuners... it is ignoring my 2x HDHRs with dual tuners. I think that's why the Tablo is taking priority because it's ignoring/disabling the HDHR units.

What if you disable that source on the client then try to watch something?

Or turn off channel combining

1 Like

Weird here. I stopped all tablo recordings, and viewed LiveTV on a new channel and it said it was the HDHR. I repeated this by recording during LiveTV and got to 4 recording channels with the HDHRs. I tried one more channel and it said the tablo was tuning. I recorded the LiveTV. I tried another channel and it said again the tablo. But this last time the tablo again went back to connection lost:eof after about 1 minute.

By the way, everything is hard wired, no wifi.

I've tried so many different things I can't remember them all... changed the hard drive in the Tablo and tried to use a USB drive also. Tried various settings in the Tablo configuration also.
So this issue is not that the Tablo won't tune channels, the issue is 2 things here.
1- the Tablo is not following the priority list from the server. It acts as if it is the 1st tuner no matter the priority status.
2- the Tablo will use all 4 tuners just fine for recording, but not Live TV viewing. If I select to record a channel and then watch the recording in live time, all is fine. But, if I watch Live TV on the Tablo, it times out with the connection lost error after a few minutes. I could probably live with this if the tuner did not act like it was the highest priority tuner (because I have 4x HDHR tuner channels).

The EOF issue is now fixed in the latest DVR prerelease

I noticed yesterday or the day before when watching a HDHR ATSC3 station locally on my onn 4K Google TV box that it abruptly quit working and gave the EOF error. Is this the same issue?

thank you for this update. my Tablo is working now normal.

1 Like