Tailscale Direct Connection Working 100% ANY DEVICE

Thank You for a Previous post that Finally I get it how to get FULL bandwidth with Tailscale and figure I will post simple easy peasy instructions for Direct Connection (Full Bandwidth) instead of the way most run Tailscale with Channels DVR...
1st Disable the Tailscale in Channels DVR server. Then just install Tailscale on the machine running Channels DVR server and use its Tailscale IP and you will get Full Bandwidth using Tailscale same as connected to your internal network. Simple as that... :partying_face::+1:t2:
And to add more shares/devices just share the server's Tailscale with them and they will get full bandwidth also.
So Now that that's all Clear I have a question that I could use some help with regarding Tailscale. Is there a way to limit those tailscale shares to 1 or 2 simultaneous connections instead of the default which has no limit of connections per share? I hope this made things easy for everyone using Tailscale and Thanks in Advance if someone can help me with my issue... Have a Great Day Everyone 🫡

I'm intrigued.

What do you mean by "full bandwidth"?

Did you run any speed tests to see the differences?
Or just your own observations when using Channels?

Sorry, I can't answer your questions.

By full bandwidth I mean it will make a direct connection not using the slower DERP servers that are almost 100% guaranteed you connect through using the builtin Tailscale in channels server that result in buffers and congestion direct connection you get maximum bandwidth no slowdowns

1 Like

I run some custom channels that are 50-70Megabit 1:1 blueray streams so I can't have slow remote access or buffering

1 Like

Thank you for the explanations.

When I have the opportunity, I will give it a try.

1 Like

Yes this is recommended esp on Windows

4 Likes