TDS 2FA (confirm your identity)

Hi,

I had TDS working as a TVE provider before. They seem to have added 2FA since I added them originally. I removed the account to try to get BTN, FS1, FS2 working again since the latest beta release to fix those channels. Now I can't add the provider back. There doesn't seem to be anyway to disable 2FA in my TDS account.

Is there anyway to work around this? Can I log in via standard chrome and then copy the chrome cache files to a location where the chrome launched by channels will find the credentials?

I'm running channels on Windows 10.

Thanks

Have you tried logging in to a network site to see if that removes the need for confirmation?

Yes. I have logged into nbc.com from the server in both standard chrome and incognito chrome. I still get that 2FA prompt in channels.

Are you using any VPN or custom DNS on your dvr pc?

I don't use VPN. My entire network uses "1.1.1.1" for DNS because my router it configured to use that DNS server. I just tried using two other DNS servers (8.8.8.8, 208.67.222.222) by configuring my network settings on the dvr pc directly, and neither made any difference.

1 Like

Could you add an option to show the chrome login window in the foreground, i.e. If channels is running in the foreground and not as a service?

Did you ever get this resolved? I am currently running into this issue myself. Thanks.

Has anyone figured out how to get around this? My provider was just bought by TDS and I can't log in.

Bump - has this been solved?

Now that there's an official TVE Provider topic for TDS / Continuum-TDS, please continue the discussion in that Topic thread