Telly (HdHomerun proxy for iptv m3u playlists) support

Channels does not work with Telly (https://github.com/tellytv/telly) because of the following:

The HDHomeRun implements multiple APIs. There is a UDP discovery API on port 65001, a TCP control API on port 65001, an HTTP api on port 80, and another HTTP api on port 5004 for streaming video. The Channels app expects all four of these to be implemented, but that proxy only implements the HTTP port 80 API.

Can you fix that ?

Sorry to respond to an old thread but this would be a great fix/implementation. TellyTV and Channels DVR would be a great combination.

The reason (as stated in the OP) that Telly does not work with Channels is because they do not properly emulate the HDHR. If Telly were to fully support Silicon Dust's API, then there would be no problem with Channels using it.

It should be noted that Silicon Dust has essentially published this API by making the source of libhdhomerun public. All Telly has to do is implement the necessary responses, and then it will work.

If this is a route you would like to take, then you need to work with the Telly developers, because the shortcoming is on their end and has nothing to do with Channels.

ok. i am confused and can not seem to find a simple straightforward guide in how to get iptv (.m3u) streams working in Channels.

So far, from the various other threads, of nothing but just talks, I read, Channels has to and can only see HDHR as a tuner, so u must make a emulated one. Telly does this, and that is what i need to use. Ok, that says just cli run it with the .m3u and it works, but its further instructions are for Kodi...and don't say anything about it being a HDHR emulator.
Then i find this thread, that contradicts the others, saying Telly does not work????

Could someone please, link me to, or make a simple and step by step guide on how to accomplish this task?

EDIT: I also found and tried "HDHRProxyIPTV" which emulated a Duo and uses the SD api it says, but Channels said please use ios channel app to update firmware, then scan for channels, then click here...and it listed 0 channels...and, made all app client apps instant crash. had to stop the emulator program, and restart Channels dvr server manually to clear out the emulated tuner, and then the clients app loaded again.
wow, so, no idea why that happened, isnt there detection or code to detect if a incompatible hdhr or network tuner appears on the network and to not use it?
i didnt think trying to mess with this would end up with a full disable of Channels dvr, just cause it auto detected a HDHR on the network. Meanwhile, it worked fine in Emby and the HDHR app itself, but, I can't use it, as it just being on, disables Channels entirely.