Test speed to dvr server slow

I agree. But here is my problem. channels server test is attached. Recording are almost unwatchable.
Now my modem in 65' from the router connected by ethernet. Does length of cable a factor in speed?

Ignore the modem. It has no role whatsoever in sending the data from your DVR to your locally connected clients.

Again, please detail your entire network topology, because without any details, everything is merely a guess. Please indicate everything from your router to each client, including hardware model numbers and firmware, client device model numbers with OS/firmware information, and indicate every step in between the DVR and each client. If you are unsure of what this means, I can provide an example using my own setup.

But you aren't providing any actual details, so as of right now all anybody (other than the developers with your diagnostic logs) can offer are just wild-ass guesses.

Ok, thank you for all your time. It will take awhile but It would help if you could provide your setup as an example.

Is your external Samsung ssd a new addition?

It’s the T7. I believe it is the new addition. BTW, I turned off sleep mode with no success

And did a restart? On the ssd I mean did you just add it or has it been working fine with channels system for awhile?

1 Like

Actually, I did recently add it. In retrospect I moved from the internal ssd in the mac cause I ran out of hard drive space. Seems that it might have been faster with the internal ssd I just don’t recall the speeds before the switch.

This is pretty barebones, but it satisfies the requirements. The only devices shown are those on the local side, and every device that runs Channels and its path to the router.

+------+   +------------+   +------+
| UDMP +---+ USW-16-PoE +---+ US-8 |
+------+   +-----+------+   +--+---+
                 |             |
+-------+   +----+----+     +--+--+
| CCGTV +---+ U6-Lite |     | ATV |
+-------+   +---------+     +-----+

UDMP:

• Unifi Dream Machine Pro
  • Firmware: 1.10.4.3702

USW-16-PoE:

• Unifi Switch 16 PoE
  • Firmware: 5.64.8.13083

US-8:

• Unifi Switch 8
  • Firmware 5.64.8.13083

U6-Lite:

• Unifi Access Point WiFi6 Lite
  • Firmware: 5.60.9.12980

CCGTV:

• Chromecast with Google TV
  • Build: QTS1.210311.008.7350836
  • Channels: beta 10.8.2210

ATV:

• Apple TV 4K (Gen2)
  • Build: 19J346
  • Channels: beta 10.19.436

Everything connected via gigabit ethernet, except for CCGTV, which is WiFi5 (802.11ac).

The speedtest is testing network only and would not be affected by your disk. Something is up with the network connection between your TV and DVR.

And there goes my wild ass guess on storage gremlins. Carry on. Got to go stick my nose in the corner

Yeah, something is up with the network, just can’t figure it out.

Maybe you could run a traceroute from some device (windows, mac or maybe a phone with a network app, other than the DVR device) to the DVR IP, sometimes this can shed a light on network issues.

Verify your mini is actually using Ethernet and not WiFi. Sometimes it gets switched to WiFi for an airdrop. Is Ethernet showing at the top in the network settings

Yes its connected to ethernet

Please describe the network path from the DVR mac to the TV.

What is each step/hop? What pieces of equipment are involved?

Server is on a M1 Mac mini running Mac Montery version 12.0 Beta (21A5552a) connected to a tplink archer AC2300 router with firmware 2.0.3 Build 20180611 Rel. 77668 via ethernet cable. The router is connected to 2019 shield pro P2897 8.2.3(32.6.518.0 and a ATV A1842 running TVOS15.1 19J55600. Both are connected by ethernet cable. I hope this helps

1. Is your Mac wired? You still haven't stated that explicitly.
  2. You mention the Mac and router, but not your switch that alleviated issues; is the switch still in play?
  3. Everything seems to be beta software. You haven't indicated the Channels versions, but the OS versions all seem to be beta, which are unsupported.

Edit: also, your brief post does not meet the ideal of a proper topology. Either participate in your own support, or don't bother.

ATV is running channels beta 10.19.435
Shielding running channels beta 110.21.34

I eliminated the switch and they are all wired

so what are you suggesting, I should try to move to all stable versions?