TestFlight not auto updating

I noticed that TestFlight seems to have stopped updating Channels on all my Apple TV's. I tried deleting TestFlight and the Channels DVR Beta off all devices and then re-enrolling in the Beta. Installed TestFlight, let it add the Channels DVR back. But that is the last time the update ran on its own. I have to run the updates manually. The setting to update automatically is on in both the Beta and in TestFlight.

Any ideas?

1 Like

I just checked... Channels has not updated since the update to tvOS 17, i think?
The last build i had installed, 10.3.2028 That fix the atsc 3.0 tuning speed.
It has not auto updated since.
It the only testflight app i have, so cant say for sure, but i bet it is an issue/bug with tvOS 17/17.1

It auto updates just fine.

That on Apple TV or iphone/ipad? Differing OS.
It Apple TV that not updating for me.

Same here. Used to autoupdate like a champ.

Still an issue. I forgot about this... was several versions out of date. 10-30 last build

2 Likes

I’m also experiencing this issue. Do we have any idea if it’s on Apple’s end? Since I’m only enrolled in the TestFlight beta for Channels, I can’t tell if this is happening with other beta apps as well. Can anyone confirm this?

I am experiencing this also on my two AppleTVs. My other iOS/iPadOS devices update automatically without issue. All are on their latest respective OS release versions. I cannot tell if this is a TestFlight issue or not as Channels is my only enrolled beta app on AppleTV.

Same on AppleTV here. On the tvOS DB so I’m not sure if it’s related to that.

I think I found the solution to this problem. While I already had auto updates turned on in the AppleTV TestFlight settings it was not updating. But I figured out if you go into the Channels in TestFlight click the three dots next to Builds, the top setting was to Turn ON Automatic Updates. I chose that, and today it updated on its own. Hope this helps.

1 Like

Always has been on for me. Never updates.

Same for me…

Might be related to tvOS v17 as I now have the same issue with iOS TestFlight since updating to iOS v17.

I’m on iOS/tvOS17 and all of my iOS TestFlight apps auto update, however my tvOS apps do not…

Yea weirdly enough ever since iOS 17 beta started none of my devices auto update TestFlight builds like before. Even with a restore. Might have something to do with some left over file and theres no way to clear any of that without a jailbreak :expressionless:

Has this been fixed yet. I opted out of TestFlight last fall because it was not functioning.

It has been Auto updating for me just fine lately.

1 Like

Yes, auto update is now working across all of my devices including tvOS.

We have nothing to do with TestFlight auto downloading or not.

oh I know that, its an apple issue. But until Apple got their code working again I was not going to opt back in.