Testing comskip - channels version vs ffmpeg5

I did some comeskip testing on two videos using two different comskip programs to compare results. I share it here maybe @tmm1 or @maddox find it usefull in bug fixes. One of the comskip is the latest included with Channels DVR server another one is the one manually built from the source with support for ffmpeg 5.
With "Live with Kelly and Ryan" both programs provide identical results or almost identical because size of the logs are different.
However, on Hannity episode Channels DVR option "detect commercial" return nothing, even when the index is created it's not possible to edit commercials and mark them manually. Using the ffmpeg5 comskip-gui gives me error in terminal in place when commercials should be detected but there are not shown at all. There is no option "edit commercials" for that episode in Channels dashboard. Both files are mpegs.

ChannelsComskipTest

I attached on google drive archive, both video files, comskip logs done by both channels and manually by comskip-gui-ffmpeg5 for anyone who wants to perform analysis.

comskip.ini files I use manually is:

verbose=10
detect_method=255 ;; everything but scenechange
punish_no_logo=0
cc_correct_type_modifier=1
length_nonstrict_modifier=1.5 ;; required before below due to comskip.ini parsing bug
combined_length_nonstrict_modifier=1
min_show_segment_length=222
min_commercialbreak=25
use_existing_logo_file=0
logo_fraction=0.39
delete_logo_file=0
output_vdr=0
output_edl=1
output_ffmeta=1
output_ffsplit=1
thread_count=4
lowres=1
min_commercial_size=5
min_silence=12
delete_show_after_last_commercial=1
delete_show_before_first_commercial=1
logo_max_percentage_of_screen=0.2
logo_treshold=0.70

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.