Thank you Fancy Bits!

I love this company. Not only is Channels an incredible app, but the guys behind it provide amazing support.

I ran into an issue late on Sunday evening and posted about it:

Within five minutes @tmm1 responded and quickly helped me figure out the problem. While you both could probably use a vacation, we really appreciate all your hard work and will continue to support you as long as you’re willing to keep this going!

10 Likes

Agreed!! They deserve a LOT of credit and CASH!! I hope they are very successful in their future endeavors! I think the apps are amazing as is the service and WELL worth the money that they charge for the service AND the apps! I cannot give them enough credit!

6 Likes

Thank you! All of that means a lot, seriously.

Tell eveyone you know about Channels! Let us know if there’s anything we can do to make it easier for your friends that might balk at the idea of using Channels.

We all know that incorporating a network tuner is sort of weird, so it’s always helpful hearing reasons people decide to not invest in the setup. We’d love to make it easier!

Thanks!

3 Likes

any chance to lower the Channels app cost? i think it’s still $24.99 for IOS/TVOS. maybe free app when subscribed to at least 3 or 6 months?

I believe the only things that prevent most people from doing are…

1. Know-how and subsequent upkeep (if something goes wrong they are not forum dwellers - they have to call me and that is not convenient - for them)

2. not all cable providers offer cable card. Those that want what I describe to them want the beauty and extra features of Channels and DVR but don’t actually want to cut the cord.

I have people in both camps. I can’t get anyone to sign up even telling them that I would setup and show them how to do everything and be their support. They are just nervous. I can’t really help them with that.

But you can guarantee when they see what I have, they want it too. Beautiful Guide, virtually unlimited DVR space, watch literally Anywhere. I thought it would be SO easy to sell but I’m having a hard time.

If you guys have any suggestions I’d be happy to try!

I’d still like to see yearly or lifetime subscriptions and the app fee built into the sub, In the long run I think the additional subscribers would outweigh the initial loss of income.

I think the app cost and the DVR subscription are a bargain for what you get. I was paying a fortune for FiOS STBs and ‘full home DVR’ capabilities. The up-front costs (Channels apps, 2 HDHR Primes, and NAS storage) took about a year to recoup, and now I’m saving ~$30/month (just paying Channels DVR fee and CableCard rentals). And for a much better user experience and a single STB for everything.

3 Likes