TheMovieDB Populating Trailers

With what looks like TheMovieDB populating the trailers automatically when I fix incorrect matches for existing content. I manually click through to "fix incorrect match" and the trailer auto populates.

Is there a recommended way to "mass fix incorrect matches"? I'd rather fix a few incorrect matches after the process, then have to click each movie to get to fix incorrect match in order to (auto)add the trailer.

Thanks!

Yeah, we didn’t backfill the trailers so they’re only showing up on new movies matched with tmdb

If the movie is an import, it’s already matched with tmdb, so you can just run Refresh Metadata on it.

You could use the batch editor under Dvr > Manage to do this for many movies at a time.

Or use the API to loop through the movies in the library and using curl to run the endpoint that does refresh metadata. This is obviously an advanced option.

If it’s a recording, it won’t be matched with tmdb, and you’ll have to go the Fix Incorrect Match route.

Maybe refreshing the metadata of every movie would be a good case for:

cc @bnhf

Thanks for your reply! Using the DVR > Manage to do this in batches is great. Sorry I missed that... Trailers are an excellent feature addition.

1 Like

I think I'll add this to the DVR itself, so in a future upgrade it will backfill all the trailer urls for tmdb scanned movies.

2 Likes