There is usually an update every couple days or so

my last pre-release update was from a week ago, are the guys taking a well earned vacation for a few days?

In my 18 months as a subscriber, i don't recall 7 days going by without an update ...

1 Like

Oompa loompas on strike.

for some reason this old chestnut plays in my head

A while back I started a thread here asking who had the longest uptime on a CDVR server. After a few responses I realized it was a silly question in the first place as the developers are releasing new versions a few times a week.

I asked the question initially because there were SageTV users showing up in the forum 2 and 3 years after the Google acquisition with no idea what had happened. They had SageTV servers running for years in a closet virtually unattended.

The moral of the story is, if the developers here can go a week or more without a badly needed update, I would treat that as an homage to the them for a job well done.

3 Likes

I think if it wasnt for TVE the app could go long extended periods without update. But TVE is constantly needing tweaked. Part of me believed dev will be happy when TVE dies because it will reduce bug fixes and updates drasticly.

1 Like

I see a 4.3.2024 update..... i feel better now :slight_smile:

1 Like

TVE is considered Beta so expect updates ... No way does Channels DVR hope TVE goes away it is what makes it unique from other DVR/Media Players.

TVE is the only reason I pay for Channels DVR.

My comment was to be mildly sarcastic. I am well aware TVE is driving feature. I love it. I simply meant the bulk of constant updates is do to TVE. So simply from a maintenance POV.

It depends on the user. For someone in a remote area, there aren't many ways to get broadcast stations. People in major metro areas, however, can do much better with HDHomeRuns and a good antenna setup.

I don't use TVE at all. My ChannelsDVR records OTA + occasionally some movies on Pluto or Samsung TV Plus. But everything sports, live, or series is OTA. And channels is the best DVR for this.

1 Like