This site can’t be reached error

I long pressed the update button earlier today to update to the latest beta. I did this just before leaving the house so I didn't watch to see if it updated correctly. I came home and fired up the channels app on the Apple TV and I only had my HD Homerun channels available. None of my DVR setup or TV Everywhere channels were populating in the app. I tried to access my settings page on my DVR server (old 2009 iMac) and got the following error. Help!

This site can’t be reached

41e03c238b09.channelsdvr.net refused to connect.

Try:

ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED

If you’re on the server directly I’d recommend using the local IP address and seeing if you can access it.

So I tried going to 192.168.1.8089 and got nothing. When trying to access in away from home (LTE) mode on my phone, it says that my "Channels DVR server at home cannot be reached. Remote access is enabled but we can not reach your server."

I checked my router settings and port 8089 is still forwarded.

looks like you have a . before 8089 should be a :

It's also not a valid IP address.

192.168.1.??? then :8089

Alright, I've tried the IP address followed by :8089. Still nothing.

192.168.1.1:8089
also
192.168.1.xx:8089 where xx was the digits of my IPv4 address as shown in my Mac network connection info.

Any thing else I can do? Do I need to uninstall and reinstall the DVR software?

Does the dvr icon show up in the Mac menu bar?

Email support with this file:

/Users/brandoncoggins/Library/Application Support/ChannelsDVR/data/channels-dvr.log

No the dvr icon went missing from the menu bar when this all started. Emailing support now. Thanks