Thoughts on whats causing decoding issues?

Looking for some thoughts/ input.

I'm trying out the Onn GoogleTV stick and video files are giving me issues;

Stargate SG1
Track #0: H.264 / AVC / MPEG-4 AVC / MPEG-4 part 10
1920x1080 yuv444p progressive 23.98fps

Track #1: ATSC A/52A (AC-3)
stereo 192kbps

Through the Wormhole
1280x720 16:9 yuv420p progressive 29.97fps

Track #1: ATSC A/52A (AC-3)
5.1(side) 320kbps

Through the wormhole has the video skipping.

Stargate isnt showing any video at all.

The audio is playing fine on both. So my first thought is that its a hardware decoding issue with H.264, however the following file works fine:

sugar showdown
1280x720 16:9 yuv420p progressive 29.82fps

Track #1: AAC (Advanced Audio Coding)
stereo und 190.929kbps

is the issue tied to the audio side of the equation? The same H.264 / AVC / MPEG-4 AVC / MPEG-4 part 10 works with some files but not others.

1 Like
  1. Check the compatibility: Ensure that the video files you are trying to play are in a format supported by the device or app you are using. Different devices have different supported formats, so it's essential to check the specifications or documentation for compatibility information.
  2. Update the device or app: Make sure you have the latest software or firmware updates installed for your device or app. Updates often include bug fixes and improvements that can address playback issues.
  3. Restart the device: Sometimes, a simple restart can resolve temporary glitches or issues. Try restarting the device or app you are using and see if the problem persists.
  4. Clear cache and data: If you are using a mobile device or app, clearing the cache and data can help resolve playback problems. Go to the settings of your device, find the app in question, and clear the cache and data.
  5. Try a different video player: If the issue persists, try using a different video player app to see if it can play the video files without any problems. There are several reliable video player apps available on various platforms.

If none of the above steps resolve the issue, it might be helpful to provide more specific details about the problems you are encountering, such as error messages or the specific device and app you are using. That way, I can try to provide more targeted assistance. disneyplus.com/begin