Timeshift

Is it by design that the PVR server timeshifts 24/7 on the Shield, even when no tuners are being used ?
My hard drive is constantly writing until I force close the PVR Server, so it will be writing for 19 hours a day unecessarily as it’s only usually watched for 5.
If this is unavoidable then it’s a showstopper for me, I can’t see any logic behind it. Hopefully I’m just missing an option somewhere !!
Cheers all.

Not sure what you mean. If no tuners are in use, there is nothing to write to disk. What behavior are you seeing and how are you measuring it?

Hi, not a very scientific means of measuring it I’m afraid - just by observing the hdd access light is flashing rapidly :grinning:
The only time it seems to stop is when I force stop the DVR Server app - even when I close the front end app on the Shield it carries on.
It’s a fairly old 1tb WD Elements HDD USB2.
If there’s anything I can do to test or if you need any more info pls let me know :+1:

You could open the DVR web ui and check what it says under Activity on the Settings page

Good shout sir, I didn’t realise that was there. It must have been analysing a file as I’ve watched it since and it doesn’t use the hdd when no tuners are active.
HDD doesn’t spin down now, so the next job is to figure out if attaching it to the router will allow that.
Thanks for your help.