TiVo remote pauses live TV using TV volume with Apple TV

I have paired a Tivo remote to an Apple TV 4K Gen 3 and when using the volume on an LG OLED it pauses the Live TV.
Any ideas how to proceed correcting this?
Thanks..

1 Like

My first guess is the command mapping is incorrect. On the AppleTV, go to Settings > Remotes and Devices > Learned Remotes, and choose the remote, to redo the teaching of the “playback” commands.

2 Likes

I must have made a mistake on the first two attempts because I relearned a third time and now it works.
Thank you...

2 Likes

Thank you for asking this question, it inspired me to pull my paired TiVo peanut remote out of the drawer and try it again with Channels, just for fun. It's just so ergonomically ideal, why didn’t more remotes go in this direction? :slight_smile:

Anyway, looks like there have been some quiet tvOS updates in the last year with regards to Infrared commands because previously, IIRC a double-click of the "home" (TiVo) button did not bring me to the App Switcher. And I'm pretty certain that holding down the "home" button did not open the Control Center, either. Now I see those commands DO work with the TiVo peanut and AppleTV, which means I'll be more likely to use this remote after all. Cool!

2 Likes

How do I get the TiVo remote (bluetooth version) into a pairing mode that something other than a TiVo will find? The FR pairing instructions seem to only work with a TiVo. I had it paired to a TiVo 4K Stream at one time, but that device is in the trash now.

What’s FR?
I have a couple IR TiVo remotes that I still use with my ATV’s set up using ATV’s learning capability.

I did have my original TiVo Stream 4K paired via BT with the ATV at one point but it lost connection and I wasn’t able to get it to re-pair though didn’t spend a ton of time trying. It’s not ideal since some of the buttons didn’t work but I kind of liked it as a backup remote so may try again.

RF...not FR

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.