TiVo Stream 4K & Button Mapper for Remote

Requesting new feature to keep current channel playing in a minimized window on top right or bottom right when guide button is pressed. This will be a nice addition.

You can use ButtonMapper with KEYCODE_WINDOW as mentioned earlier.

1 Like

Are you getting the same "already running latest" as @Tom_Leach or something else?

Yes, it says it's already the latest. Since there are only minimal settings, it's not a big deal to uninstall then reinstall.

1 Like

Okay that button should be fixed after the next build.

KEYCODE_WINDOW = 171

I have enabled this with the long press 0 but is there a way to have this show only if there is a something playing?

Not sure what you mean.

1 Like

How do I get the New Beta (5.26.2358) version? I have signed up for the beta program but I am only getting the beta app? Where is the beta DVR download location?

I long press and get:
Up to date!

This particular beta is for the client app (android apk). You have to opt-in on getchannels.com/beta via Play Store URL

Gotcha. Thank you

I can press and hold 0 the button I programed from the live stream and it will show the current live stream in the pip and also show the guide from the background that I can scroll through and pick a new channel and it will change to the new one. I'm curious if the pip can be shown when I hit the guide button from a live stream page? Instead of having to press and hold the 0 button. Hope this makes sense.

Ideal solution would be a long or just a press of guide button when playing a channel for pip. Don't know if it’s possible to implement along with other channels button customizations.

1 Like

100% agree. Long press guide or info would be great

1 Like

This is so awesome. Works great. I used double click of the 0 button for now.

What is the "Live" button supposed to do? Right now, watching remotely, it opens to a failed playback channel with no number and the guide info says "local origination".

Diagnostics submitted.

Also, is it possible for the channel numbers to work on the guide screen, where entering a channel number will take you to that guide listing without scrolling?

1 Like

Launch the player to the last played channel.

It already works.

:man_facepalming: Sorry didn't even notice that it moved. Can the same indicator for live tv be added to the guide that shows the channel entry in the upper right corner?

Is there a way to map the "Guide" button with the Button Mapper app rather than using the accessibility feature? Reason I ask is I prefer using the "Tivo" button for the home button.

Yes, see:

Sorry, I mean being able to re-map it to the "Channels Guide" the way you have done with the accessibility integration. With Button Mapper I assume it requires a custom action, right now I have it mapped to open Channels, but not specifically the Guide.