TiVo Stream 4K: I'm sticking with my CCWGTV

Even plugged in to ethernet with the same adapter I used with my Chromecast, instantaneously I had channels freeze up. Never had that with the CCWGTV, and simply based on that I'm done with the TS4K. I was mainly interested in the remote control and functionality benefits, but a solid playback experience is far more important to me.

I wonder if the fact that the USB-C interface is 2.0 impacts the speed of the Ethernet connection via USB hub? I'm guessing it does, compared to the CCW GTV.

I would love to hear from someone who has used the TiVo for a while and possibly "de-Tivo-ed" it, to see if I'm being my typical impulsive premature judging self, hahaha!

I've been running two "de-TiVo'd" TS4Ks and accessing ChannelsDVR on my NAS for about two months. No issues that I can tie specifically to the TS4K itself. Both TS4K's are connected via wired ethernet, and so is the NAS. The only issues I've seen seem to be tied to performance problems on my old, slow, NAS.

Edit: I should add that I set my playback decoder in the Channels client to "software" as the TS4K seems to have some problems with MPEG-2/HDHomeRun playback and flashes on the screen sometimes in "hardware" decoder mode.

I think the TiVo has other issues going on hardware/software wise. I tried the HDHR app on Roku recently on Streaming Stick+ and was surprised at how smooth and crisp the stream was compared to the TiVo. The HDHR Roku app is garbage and lacks any settings and you can only pause (no ff or rw) and guide layout is terrible. But like I said, the stream quality was on par for what I was getting from my iPhone. Odd as the TiVo should have the upper hand but it was night and day quality wise.

On my TS4Ks, the HDHR app, or access to those OTA streams via Channels, appear to be the same quality as having the antenna plugged directly into the TV. Also, since the last TiVo update I'm using the hardware decoder again w/no issues.

Yeah, it definitely has days where it works great, but then there are days where it’s really choppy. I’m just about to give up on the TiVo as I’ve been having other issues with Peacock, HBOmax, Disney+ where the movie/show with start with a black screen and only has audio playing. Just a lot of random bugs with this device.