Tonight on FOX 8PM: "TMZ Investigates - Lisa Marie Presley: Unending Tragedy" but the guide data has another show

Got an email today from FOX with an announcement that tonight at 8/7c will be TMZ Investigates - Lisa Marie Presley: Unending Tragedy.

However, as I type this now, my guide data is showing "Fantasy Island" at 8PM (EST).
My FOX channel is WNYW (New York).
I just confirmed on WNYW's website that TMZ will be on.

What do you have in your guide?

Hopefully the guide in Channels will update by then?

1 Like

If you haven't already, you could manually update the guide data in channels and see if that changes the listing.

In my guide on both the OTA channel and the TVE channel for FOX it shows the correct listing for the TMZ special.

I see the TMZ special listed for my local Fox station on my HDHR Prime schedule, but not the TVE channel 6002 schedule.
That's because Gracenote/zap2it has it wrong

WNYW

Thank you, @chDVRuser, for checking.

I'm hesitant to do this because somebody once said that the developers don't really like when you do that too much. I guess once today shouldn't hurt.

Not going to help until gracenote updates the schedule.
They have it wrong for WNYW OTA (see last image above)

Makes sense.

Too bad Channels doesn't cross reference the official guide data of the big four national networks' websites at least for prime time shows.

From WNYW's website:

1 Like

Strange that zap2it doesn't list it for Cable or OTA in zip 10007 where the WNYW transmitter tower is.
It does list it for my local Fox affiliate on the west coast.

This is using HDHomeRun DVR guide data in Channels DVR as a test .... I guess HDHomeRun updates it's guide database more often than Channels.

That's not WNYW

This is what Channels Shows so the recordings will be wrong ... The above is my Test DVR using guide data from HdHomerun DVR below is the regular Channels DVR guide data.

Is that KPTV?

It is KPTVDT

zap2it not updated either
KPTV

HDHomeRun APP

I guess Silicon Dust must use a different Gracenote API than Channels DVR and zap2it.
Either that or they update more frequently than Channels DVR and zap2it.

Guess so this is using HDHomeRun dvr Guide data.

I also noticed Alert: Missing Person's Unit had no series INFO. Which aired right after it.

Interesting.

Wishful thinking: it would be nice to have 2 different sources for EPG to compare the data and, ideally, merge the two. :grin:

I have a test Channels DVR that uses the HDHomeRun guide data from the HDHomeRun DVR. That had the correct guide data, so I recorded it there and Imported it to my main DVR.