Too many bugs on the Android Client

I currently have an issue where my shields display different list of channels - the ones that have been excluded on the hdhomerun interface itself are still listed as available on the clients. in the dvr settings on server these are blocked and shows that out of 149 channels, 29 are blocked.
On the shields it shows 149 channels and the hidden/disabled channels are showing in the guide, but on our apple tvs they show correct number of channels of 120

I have this same problem. Sometimes it gets so messed up I can't even select the show I want to watch. The cursor skips right over it. PLEASE FIX THIS! This makes Channels almost unusable.

The bug on the Recently Updated screen is fixed in beta.

Did you try clicking Settings > Manage Sources > HDHR > Sync Favorites/Hidden > Import

Possible fix for this in v2022.01.22.0148

Please let me know if it happens again after upgrading to that version, and submit diagnostics if it does.

Investigating this one on Pausing on commercial changes on Android TV (SHIELD 9)

Please share a recording which reproduces this if you can capture one.

Diagnostics after re-entering would shed some light. Please include timestamp of when you noticed and relaunched with the diagnostics code.

Not completely. If you have any programs that have no metadata match, it goes super bonkers now with giant size ones of those followed by the askewed layout like before. I can post screenshots later when I'm at a computer.

1 Like

Yes, but why on Shield does it show a different number of channels than it does on apple tv

The Apple TV does not bring across the disabled channels and lists the correct number of channels available as 120, while the shield versions of the product show 149 channels as it includes the disabled channels.
Even after doing the sync you get the same issue on the shields

I would not consider this a bug, but instead a difference in the platforms perhaps.
There are things different on Apple (Channels primary dev focus) and Android.
One may be better than the other in a certain feature or function.

I did not notice this difference until you posted about it...thee are 2x Shields and 1 Apple TV 4K in my use.

yes, Android TV clients, under Sources, show ALL channels, even disabled ones in its lists, Apple TV, only shows enabled ones. But they both Import and match the server settings, at least in my usage.

I personally would prefer it show ALL channels, as then you can enable/disable each channel per client device right on the device, needed if you want a client to be different than the server a bit. But some may want the more clean view of only showing the channels they have enabled.

Best option would for them to add to the server or client, whatever side works best, the option to show/hide disabled channels in the client sources list.

Unless I'm mistaken, this is only true for non-HDHomeRun sources. For HDHR tuners, all channels—enabled, favorite, and disabled—are displayed in the source list of the clients.

nope. looking at one of my Shields now, under Philo, shows all the disabled channels, same as HDHR.

I apologize, I was referring to the Apple clients, not the Android clients. You stated the Apple TV only shows enabled channels; I was stating that while this is true for TV Everywhere and Custom Channels, that is not the case for HDHomeRun sources. On Apple clients even the disabled channels of HDHR tuners are displayed in the clients, contrary to your post.

Wrong. Looking at my Apple TV under the HDHR, only enabled/favorite channels showing.
29 channels says Channels on Apple TV, 77 on Shields, HDHR config direct detects 77 channels.

Same for TVE.

Android TV = shows ALL channels
Apple TV = Enabled/Fav channels only

maybe something is different some how for you, but this is what is true for me, same as the person who mentioned it.

This must be the case, as my Apple clients have always shown all channels, including the disabled ones, on my HDHomeRun tuners. Where our setups differ, I couldn't tell you, but obviously something is different.

I just learned. If you block shows on server. It doesn't block them on client.

On client go to setting, source. Click source. Then sync. Apparently you have to manually sync the client

Correct. Clients are independent of the server.
the Import function is the only way to "sync" the client to the server channel settings.

Thanks. The glitch is gone and everything appears to be working great now with the latest beta installed.

It's a bit better, but I'm still seeing this layout bug in the latest beta (v2022.01.22.2023). It seems to happen more readily after navigating down by roughly eight rows of thumbnails and then, with each press of the up button to go back up, the grid gets misaligned, and that alignment shifts/jumps around as you go back up (or back down again). Sometimes the grid alignment self-corrects by the time you reach the top of the page, but often it does not.

All my shows have metadata matched. Some are recorded from Pluto TV, so their poster/thumbnail is not always the same aspect ratio as the rest.

As promised, here is a non-metadata match made giant size:

Then everything becomes misaligned:

Then it just gets worse and worse:

1 Like