Too many bugs on the Android Client

Thanks!

Strangely, both playback attempts look identical.

Is this something that started with SHIELD 9.0?

Next time it happens, can you try a few things to see if any of these fix the audio?

• pause/resume
  • seek back
  • press down, and in Options, change to second audio track, then change back to the main audio

This has been happened long before Shield 9.

I will try those things next time it happens.

It just did it again @ 6pm. It happened to be playing commercials.

I tried everything you suggested: pause, rewind/ff and then 2nd audio program.

Interestingly, I couldn't switch to 2nd audio program until the next show started and then once it did I could. It was labeled Spanish but was in English and audio started playing.

Once audio started I could then rewind all the way back and the commercials that previously didn't have audio now had audio.

It has done this about 5 times so far tonight when going from On Now into a channel so it's happening quite a bit.

You can also uncheck the current English audio and then recheck it. See if that makes sound start

Yes, unchecking English and then re-checking it started the audio also.

I can pretty easily recreate the problem just by selecting channels in the On Now. 5 or 6 tries and eventually a channel will come up with no audio.

Do you have an idea how to fix?

I can't really tell what's wrong. We are sending the audio to the OS and it says it's playing..

I don't know if anyone else has reported this issue. Are you using tv speakers? Or Bluetooth, headphones connected to shield remote, etc?

Does it happen at all with surround off?

Ron_Lawrence has reported the "no audio" error above.

I have a home theater setup. My Shield connects to a Denon receiver via HDMI.

I can turn surround off and try for a bit. I can also see if any of the Shield OS level sound settings have an effect.

I switched to hybrid video decoder instead of hardware and so far haven't been able to recreate the issue.

What exactly is the hybrid decoder?

Hybrid is a mixture of hardware and software (hardware decoding + software rendering).

I would be very surprised if changing video settings affected audio. But maybe there is some interaction I don't understand.

Fwiw my Denon did this constantly with my TiVo mini - whenever I would change channels or watch a recording by the fourth or fifth channel I would lose audio. Sometimes I would have to move Denon to a different source and back, sometimes I would have to change channel back to the one with sound then back .. mostly I could eventually get audio again and sometimes I have to give up. Only happened with my Denon connected via hdmi-arc so I wrote it off as a Denon thing.

It did do it again with hybrid so that didn't resolve it.

If it were the Denon causing it, I don't think turning second audio program off and in would resolve it and I'd expect to see the issue with other apps.