Top Shelf Favorites Order

I noticed that the Top Shelf Favorites Order matches my favorites (as reordered) in the Beta "DVR" Version but not in the latest normal App. Not sure if this is because the Beta is the "DVR" App or just because it is the Beta.

When will the normal distribution app get this? Current it is ordered by channel number only.

Am I reading this correctly, you can now re-order favorites in the DVR Beta? If so, please elaborate, I cannot find it on my own. This would be wonderful news, particularly if that the order can be adopted by the individual TV apps.

The ability to re-order the lineup is one of my favorite features. It is just a pain to do it on all my TVs.

You can re-order your favorites.

This is not possible to do on the DVR yet, nor sync across TVs. But that's something we are thinking about.

Thank you, good to hear it is on the board.

FYI if the use-case isn't obvious:
I have many TVs and several users who are not technical in the least and have no patience for such things. I want to be able to set and manage the channel order centrally, so that all (or designated) TVs have the same, consistent experience. Channel order provides both consistency, as well as logical groupings of channels. This is particularly important with multiple sources and lots of channels. Today, i do this on each of the ATVs. @maddox, yes this is one of my favorite features, has been since the beginning.

BTW, love TVE, it is a pleasant and very welcome surprise. I can now provide (almost) all of the live channels we watch on a single app to my family. Channels has the best user experience of any app on the apple tv. Number two is not even close. There must be a whole building full of engineers at apple with their mouth agape. They have been trying for years to make this very thing work well with only marginal success to date. Your solution worked wonderfully on the first release. Wow.

1 Like

I misread your need originally. Sorry!

Like @tmm1 said, we’re working on this. We understand it’s a nightmare :joy:. I have about 5 TVs too, and it’s exhausting. And yep, now that we’re experimenting with new sources it’s a must have.

I’m refusing to manage any of my lineups until we have this feature in there! That’ll be the driver.

1 Like