Top Shelf issues in 1.5.5

All of my apple TVs haven't updated yet but one has updated but it still isn't showing The top shelf view.

Top row still isn’t working. This “fix” did nothing, but glad I can hide the 200 channels that don’t work because of DRM

HDHomerun menu is set on EPG from SiliconDust which means no top row for me

HDHomerun menu switch to EPG from Gracenote which means displays top row but not complete show information - not using Gracenote nor Channel Logos Only

Also, using HDHomerun with time warner cable card… Still getting “Tuner Not Available” on HD (non-DRM) channels. Downloaded another HDHomerun streamer - InstaTV Pro - which actually has same issue with same channels so perhaps are encrypted. The channels used to work on the Channels app at one point though.

No Top Shelf view for me either though it does show it’s 1.5.5.

In 1.5.5 we fixed a crash that was causing Top Shelf not to work for any Gracenote users. We have gotten confirmation that these users are now seeing the Top Shelf.

But a number of SD guide data users are still seeing issues, although many (including me) are able to continue using the Top Shelf without issue.

We are investigating this bug and plan to fix it ASAP. Please leave a comment here if you’re having problems, with your HDHomeRun model and any other useful information.

HDHomerun Prime (1322A108), TWC, tvOS 9.2.2, EPG from SiliconDust = No top row

Does anyone who is seeing this issue have a Mac with Xcode and a USB-C cable to connect to their ATV4?

I do and can send you new logs about it. The ones from last time still apply though it seems.

I had the issue but just did a hard reset by holding down the menu and home buttons for a couple of seconds. When it rebooted everything worked again.

This solution didn’t work for me. Any update on this? Both my ATVs aren’t working with TopShelf.

Thanks!

We have tracked this down to a 16MB memory usage limit imposed by the Top Shelf. Not sure why memory usage is higher for only some customers but we are working on some fixes to prevent out of memory crashes in the next version.

If you’re having issues please post how many channels and how many favorites you have showing up in the app.

I’ve got 406 channels showing up in the app and 27 favorites

I have 511 channels listed with 15 favorites

I only have 237 channels, so I guess memory usage is going up with the number of channels. This explains why not everyone is having issues.

I am pushing out a new beta build with even more logging and some attempts to reduce memory usage.

The empty top shelf only occurs if SD is chosen as the data provider. Is it trying to load data for all channels?

Top shelf is working again for me in test flight build 8.24.1718. Hooray! I have 460 channels and 49 favorites.

Beta fixed top shelf issue on multiple of my Apple TV 4s

Version 1.5.6 has just been submitted to the App Store for review.

A big thanks to everyone here for reporting this issue and helping us track it down!