Trakt Intergretion?

I love using Trakt in the infuse app to track what TV episodes I have watched. Is there any plans to incorporate Trakt into the Channels app in a similar way?

3 Likes

Trakt support would be awesome.

I want this soooo muuuuch.

This is on our wish list too, but it’s hard because trakt does not support gracenote ids (sometimes called zap2it ids). So we would need to search for each show and try to match to trakt manually, which is both complicated and error-prone.

Yeah I just reached out to the Trakt team about it and this is what they said: “Unfortunately, this isn’t something we’re planning to add. In order to use Gracenote, it is quite expensive and requires a contract to use their API.” Boo!

Can you forward me the details of the person at Trakt? I can see if we can maybe help them with the Gracenote integration.

The person that contacted me was Justin from their general support email [email protected]. Thanks for looking into this!

For what it’s worth, I’d be willing to use the web interface to the DVR to manually match the show IDs in a first version of this feature, especially if you used the Trakt API to search for the show name and gave me some name/year/art choices to help me find the right one.

You could then have the DVR submit back to you the ID pairing and then smart-suggest that pairing to other users. Over time you’d get your own big list of matched IDs and could safely do it automatically for most people.

1 Like

Did you have any luck connecting with the Trakt team about Gracenote? Would still love integration!

Yes we have been in touch and they had some good advice on ways we could approach integration. It’s a big project, so I’m not sure when we will get a chance to tackle it given other priorities.

1 Like

Is it possible you could share some of those priorities (sticky in Announcements) without any projected implementation dates?

I am curious since it has been a few years for this forum post, is trakt integration a potential? I use trakt everywhere I can (Plex, Kodi) and being it isn't here, challenge with using it on my tv show library. Was mostly curious if this was still on "to do" list. Thank you.