"Trash all" command enhancement

I now realize that marking a recording as "Keep Forever" is only meant to protect it from auto-deletion... but what about manual deletion?

I'd like to see an option here that allows us to "Trash all" recordings, but still keep the ones that we've marked "Keep Forever." Because at least in my case, "Keep Forever" means I want to keep that recording forever, I want it "locked" as "saved," regardless of how many new/other episodes I record and watch (or not) later on.

Without that distinction the "Trash all" command becomes problematic for me with any shows that have episodes marked as "Keep Forever," because with the current command, they get trashed too, and are certainly not "kept forever."

A "Trash Previous" command would be welcome too, if/when I want to only trash older episodes but not newer ones. There are many shows (like "Austin City Limits" concerts) that I record consistently, but only watch sporadically. And some shows amongst all of them, I do want to keep forever. A new command like that would help me handle it at the client, as opposed to always having to use the server, for most efficient cleanup.

Thanks for the consideration.

4 Likes

Reading my mind, this just happened to me the other day. I recorded the OSU-Notre Dame game and wanted the recording to be able to survive any accidental erasures by Trash All or curious visitors poking around (ex in-laws love my HTPC setup and like to look around and tinker).