Trouble connecting to remote DVR after VPN issues

I've got a Windows host machine running (on Network A) Channels DVR, which a few days ago I had tried to run NordVPN on and test out the tunneling feature. Everything was going smoothly, I was able to access the DVR remotely from Network B without issue. I've since deleted the VPN and from the server machine (on network A), but now can no longer access Channels remotely from Network B. The thing is, it only seems to be an issue on Network B. If I install the Channels DVR on my phone (using a cellular network), I can access Channels no problem. The remote access / port forwarding on the host machine is working (confirmed on the server troubleshooting), but for whatever reason I still can't access channels DVR remotely from Network B. I've tried factory resetting my router, clearing cookies, DNS cache, but no luck yet. For what it's worth, I'm running Plex on the same host computer and also can't fully connect remotely from Network B, I only get an indirect connection. Anyone have any fixes for this, or will it resolve itself on its own? This is totally my own dumb fault for screwing around with it when it was working fine before. Thanks all and Channels team for your constant support

Update on this: I actually solved the issue by rebooting the router on the Network A that the Channels server runs on. I'm thinking that my Network B was pointing and actively streaming from Network A when the IPs got all screwed up during the VPN process, and a reboot of the Network A router was all that was needed to recalibrate. Don't know if this helps anyone else but I'm glad I finally figured it out - nothing wrong on Channels' end.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.