Trying to grok "and/or" clauses. Do I have this right?

Hi. I'm trying to play around w/and/or to get something Channels doesn't allow: recording something in the future when you know they're on but don't know the time.

So, my family LOVES all the parades on Thanksgiving day. I built this rule.
Does it cover the bases?

HDTV-only
Any channel
Thanksgiving day only
Parade in the summary
(I wanted to search title too, but don't know the And/or clause hierarchy w/ multiple == and CONTAINS).

I get that this could possibly record a show that day w/Parade in the title, hence my wish to put Thanksgiving somewhere too)

Thanks in advance!

For fear of being shot down:

What is your question? Your previous posts indicate that you don't grok the difference between ==/!= and CONTAINS/EXCLUDES.

Is there a question, or should your query be moved to the playgrounds category?

Since you're not sure how the EPG will look, you can just create a couple passes and check them a week or two before the holiday.

I wouldn't use Tags == HDTV
Here are some that appear, but I would suggest filtering so only your HD channels will record.
HD 1080i
HD 1080p
HD 720p
HD Unknown
HDTV

You might want to use
Tags CONTAINS Live

Then for the first pass use
Title CONTAINS thanksgiving
Title CONTAINS parade
not case sensitive and if either word appears in the Title it will record

second pass
Summary CONTAINS thanksgiving
Summary CONTAINS parade
not case sensitive and if either word appears in the Summary it will record

Then when your passes start picking up hits you can narrow it down.

1 Like

See

Not shooting you down... I asked “do I have this right” to do what I asked, which is to record HD on Thanksgiving - any guide entry that has Parade in the summary.

PS: This posting IS in the Playground->Advanced Passes category, so if I’m correct, I posted in the correct location.