TS4K Live TV Button: Slow to respond

I am fortunate for the TS4K button integration with Channels DVR, but the Live TV button is very slow to respond. After clicking the Live TV button from the Android TV home screen nothing happens for about 10 seconds, before the Channels DVR app loads. Does anyone else have this issue?

I believe it's because of how TiVo implemented the Live button. It does not work the same as other buttons, therefore the lag.

Wondering if it's a button mapper thing since it was originally allocated to the Stream app for their live TV.

Given button mapper is controlling this with Channels I don't know why it would have this lag. Can others confirm a similar behavior?

Because the Live button isn't a remote button in the traditional sense. TiVo did something hacky and non-standard with this particular button. So in order for Channels to capture that particular button press, it has to do non-standard things like poll the operating system.

So, the reason there is lag is because TiVo did things in a bass-ackwards manner, and the fact that it works at all is a testament to the ingenuity of the folks making Channels.