TugoTV in Channels?

Ok... got the docker working and running but I'm getting no channels to load on channels or using the network link in VLC... the Playlist loads with all channels but none of the channels load. Anyone else experience this?

1 Like

I'm able to gewt channels loading here. Remember that the stream has to start in VLC to open on the device.
I do see a slight delay over some of the other dockers I run.
The other dockers just provide the stream. The docker for Tugotv is playing the stream through VLC.

I just installed the bridge and I got the m3u8 but it wont play.

Hi there,
I've been using Tukotv and noticed that i have to restart the docker every couple of days because it looses lynch with the website or interface it uses for streams.
I also notice you can ply a stream for about 3 hours and suddenly it will slowly start buffering.
I'm able to stop the stream and restart and all is good.
Docker is going really well.

Hello @rpaulmerrell, I have some questions about how to get things (Philo or some other subscription) into channels. Iā€™m reading this thread and seems like you have somehow gotten Philo to run through channels, is this using the TV everywhere feature or did you somehow get the actual Philo channels into the Channels system? Iā€™m a new user to Channels, been using a few months now and I LOVE it, Iā€™d love to get everything running through it because itā€™s the best UI/system Iā€™ve found streaming. I was getting ready to cancel my Philo subscription when I lost USA and NBC couple weeks back. I decided not cancel just yet. I have Channels running on a Mac Mini using its 1 TB heard drive as the DVR. Iā€™m planning to get a larger hard drive that I can.plug into the back of the Mac Mini here soon so I can start saving some of the shows I like to have on hand. Iā€™m using the TVe feature w a spectrum account and a cable subscription which gives me lots of channels, I also subscribe to Philo. I like Philo, itā€™s what Iā€™ve used for the last 2 years, but obviously it doesnā€™t have locals nor the USA network so I was having to move over to the spectrum app to use those channels and I wanted something that would put everything in 1 spot. Channels was the solution and well after using for a few days I discovered the UI/system as a whole is just so much better, being able to erase things from the DVR, the way commercial skipping works, itā€™s all superior to Philo, if I could get my Philo channels into channels and then just use it that would be perfect. Since losing the NBC channels Iā€™ve been reading through threads to see if thereā€™s a way to get my them back, or at the least some the shows. USA provided reruns of Law & Order SVU that I like to watch, thatā€™s the only reason I wanted USA. I installed an antenna today which gives me all my locals and the ION channel that will provide some Law & Order episodes Iā€™m missing from loosing USA. So now as soon as I get a HDHomerun device I will have all these channels in Channels and that will solve some that issue but if there is a way to get channels (like the channels I get through Philo or Spectrum) into Channels that would be great. I get lots of channels on the spectrum subscription I just have no DVR feature on that so if I could get those channels (not using the TVeverywhere feature) into channels that would solve all my issues. Lol. Sorry I know this is all over the place, Iā€™m new to all this so I have 32 different ā€œwhat ifā€™sā€ running through my head.

To get Philo channels into the Channels app, you are technically using the TV Everywhere login. You "Add Source" in Channels and then choose "TV Everywhere" from the below menu and then pic your provider (in this case Philo) and enter in your emailk to get the link that enables Channels to grab the Philo information. While not every channel Philo offers will be available in Channels, it seems that a good many of them are.

Ok thatā€™s what Iā€™ve done. I was thinking maybe there was a way to get the actual Philo channels plugged into Channels somehow. Like I have a spectrum subscription where I can still watch NBC and USA I just donā€™t have the DVR on that (and I HATE the way that app navigates/functions) so if there was some way to get the actual channels from spectrum into Channels, I could use Channels system/DVR to actually navigate/record on my spectrum subscription. I love the way Channels functions, itā€™s better then any other stream service Iā€™ve used this far so it would be super nice if there was a way we could get all our subscriptions over into it so we could use Channels to navigate/DVR everything.

You could always use the HDHR Prime with a cable card if you have a spectrum cable subscription. This would bring in all the channels that are not DRM protected on Spectrum. I donā€™t have spectrum so Iā€™m not sure what channels have DRM or how they handle CCs these days. In many instances only the premium channels such as HBO or Showtime are DRM protected.

I'm currently using Philo with TVE and Tugotv to get ESPN and MLB networks.
I've got more stuff in channels than i could ever watch.
I'm using FRNDLLY tv to pull in the stuff that I can't get with Philo TVE.
When YTTV raised the price, i immediately canceled.

1 Like

I stream spectrum so I donā€™t know if itā€™s ā€œcableā€ or not but I will check into it. I just put up an antenna so I was looking at getting a HDHomerun device anyways, does the Prime also do antenna or just the cable card?

Nevermind then. The prime is intended for cable cards. If you only have streaming from spectrum then it will not work.

My only issue with TugoTV is the 10-15 delay in the stream. Just started a subscription so unsure if this is always the case

I'm seeing 10 minutes on FNC, but most others look closer to 2 mins. Please contact them and make them aware of the delay. I've heard from them and they are working on getting them closer to real time.

i setup tugo using the free trial. i had delays on many channels - not all at once but enough that I let the trial expire and removed the source. the delays happen in their app as well.

Hi there,
i've noticed some delay.
If channels stop playing through docker, simply stop and restart the docker.
I'm using Synology with container station. I'm running a few other dockers and i'm not seeing the same issue.
This service is met my needs getting network tv plus ESNP stuff and MLB.
I wonder how much delay the vlc bridge adds to the confiruation.
If you watch MLB i will often try to use the MlB docker content before using MLB network. When they restream the feeds i expect they will have delay.
Love the service!!!! 3 months on the subscription.

i dropped tugo and this docker.
apart from the auth token not refreshing on its own, i looked into the code.

the fact that thereā€™s a hardcoded client secret in the code was enough for me to opt out.

wish yā€™all the best of luck.

Login info?

$ docker run -d -e '[email protected]' -e 'TUGOTV_PASS=secret' -p 7777:7777 --name vlc-bridge-tugotv registry.gitlab.com/miibeez/vlc-bridge-tugotv

:flushed:

Generic advice for random internet code you are unsure of. Use a VM (Virtual Machine). This is not specificly about these dockers. However this is a way to approach questionable software in life.

1. VM's can allow someone to run code/program from the internet in a mostly isolated manner. This will reduce likelihood of malicious code causing problems. As long as your server has adaquate processing power and supports virtualization.

2. Virtual Private Servers (VPS) Can also be used as a way to isolate unknown internet code away from your network in order to reduce risk. A VPS is essentially a VM on someone else's computer that you access.

I currently run PBS, BTV, and ESPN dockers on my VPS. I found it easier that way. I am currently maintaining 3 CDVR servers (Mine, neighbors, parents). I use the VPS docker to provide playlist to 2 of the servers.

1. Windows Sandbox.
    Windows Sandbox | Microsoft Learn

I am NOT saying @miibeez software is 100% safe nor am I saying her code is bad. I am NOT a network security expert. I have NOT done any programing since about 2010-ish.

By "Client secret" I am assuming you are refering to this

def login(self):
with self.mutex:
data = {
"client_id": "Ok8Bc3fsJ4Dg0dh6bDH9bd8wg1gcet",
"client_secret": "PodF2Bfe4D6Bfbdi4uYt6ee9DURIfy7IguIgRd",
"device": self.device,
"username": self.user,
"password": self.passwd,
"grant_type": "password"

I think that is just for the purposes of logging in.

1 Like

exactlyā€¦ clearly itā€™s using some combination of app authentication and delegated authentication.
all it takes is the service rotating the client secret, which is typically done at 6 months, for things to break.
nevermind however it was obtained.

so, while it may work okā€¦ and appears to be safeā€¦
personally, i wouldnā€™t count on its longevity.

the days of consuming entertainment legitimately, where the means are are the consumerā€™s discretion, are nearly over. which is why theyā€™ve killed cablecard and are drmā€™ing ATSC3 OTA.