TugoTV in Channels?

Any chance that TugoTv could be used in channels similar to FrndlyTv? I did a search and didn't come across anything. They have a Canadian and US service so it may benefit a lot of people.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Appears to be app based only with no streaming website or m3u, so probably not.

It definitely streams on the website as well as the app. I've managed to pull the m3u8 links but of course the tokens expire.

2 Likes

Are the streams using DRM?

Well @matthuisman put together the Frndly docker among other things. He might me able to weigh in on whether something like he did with Frndly could be done with Tugo.

Wonder if their Discovery Networks streams are having the same issues as the TVE ones?

1 Like

I don't believe they are DRM protected. I'll have to check when I get home.

Wow, that’s a really good lineup for the cost, as long as you’re OK with buying service from an evangelical satellite company.

1 Like

Looks like a good service. Hoping someone can verify if the channels are DRM protected.
I wish they had local CBS. Would love to test it at some point.

There is no Ext-x-key tag in the m3u so I am guessing that means they're not DRM protected. Is there a better way to check?

Okay, I was curious so I checked out this service today. The streams were in a format that I think is compatible with Channels (they were in standard m3u8 playlists with ts files, but not sure about codecs, see below) and I was able to open them in VLC, so I don't think they are DRM protected. A solution like the Frndly docker container would probably work. That said

• Three of the four major broadcast network streams (CBS, FOX, NBC) were in 720
  • About half of the cable networks I tested were in 720 (sorry, didn't keep a full list), and half were 1080. Nick and Disney were 720
  • ESPN, FS1, FS2, Big 10, MLB Network are 720. Didn't check all of the sports channels but I have to assume they all are
  • The Viacom networks do not have closed captions
  • Some of the channels do not tune (GSN). They return a 404 not found

Codec info:

Stream 0
Codec: H264 - MPEG-4 AVC (part 10) (h264)
Type: Video
Video resolution: 1920x1080
Buffer dimensions: 1920x1088
Frame rate: 29.970030
Decoded format: none
Orientation: Top left
Chroma location: Left
Stream 1
Codec: ADTS
Type: Audio
Channels: Stereo
Sample rate: 48000 Hz
Bits per sample: 32
Stream 2
Codec: EIA-608 subtitles (c608)
Description: Closed captions 1
Type: Subtitle

I'm wondering if some of the code from the FRIENDLY docker could be used to create this new dockeer?
If there is no DRM then i think it may be good for those that want to use it.

1 Like

I think with the youtube tv price going up Tugotv would be a great add-on.
We could get a better source for ESPN wondering if subscribers have access to tv everywhere i'm guessing not but have to check.

1 Like

Did a quick check and on ESPN, they are not listed as a provider you can login with to watch online so likely no TVE.

hi there,
Would love to see a container setup for it.
seems like a bad deal when there is no access. The service would go well with someone who has FRNDLLY tv.

@matthuisman would you be interested in making a Docker container for this if people chipped in some money up front?

1 Like

Hi there,
I know i would chip in. i've been paying monthly for the FRNDL
Y thing as a show of appreciation.
Love my Channels DVR and the lineup would enhance things to where one could get some nice tv for less.

i try make for you

Hi guys,
if there is anything we can do to help here, would love to help.
Tugotv would be great.
if you conbine this service and FRNDLY or Philo or both, you would have a truly great setup.

thanks

4 Likes