Tuner Sharing issue

Settings are set Not to Share Tuners on both devices.
FTV Cube
FTV 4K Stick

The HDHome Run Tuner Status shows only 1 tuner in use.

923ac2a8-952a-426d-9e31-855138d8a6f5

Can you explain the issue a bit more? Are both devices streaming at the same time? If so? the expectation would be two tuners consumed if tuner sharing is disabled.

Both are streaming at the same time. They also both show up on the web ui while streaming. The log lists 2 connections sharing.

This just started occurring recently- last couple updates maybe.

That's a dead giveaway that tuner sharing is in use. If it was disabled, then the DVR server would have no knowledge of what was being streamed.

Have you tried force stopping the apps, deleting the cache and data, and then restarting the apps?

2 Likes

I had cleared cache and reset the FTV several times without change. This am I was able to get the stick to quit sharing after clearing cache and reseting the stick but the Cube continually wanted to share. Finally was able to get it to stop sharing after clearing and reseting several more times.

FWIW, I'm thinking I also had a network issue as some devices I have would only show as offline. Once the sharing was over, all offline devices suddenly appeared as working!! It's like the Channels Server took over the connections to the HD Homeruns and ran them. I'll just blame it on the hurricane and hope it doesn’t happen again.