Turn off new commercial detection?

My Morning Joe recording on Kodi skipped a portion I was watching. I will screen shot it next time.

That has nothing to do with the new detection, then.

Most likely one of two things happened:

1. You still have regular commercial detection enabled for that channel/program; or,
  2. There was a error/interruption in the recording.

I get a pop up that says commercial detection, and it has red portion on the time line showing the "commercal".

Never had this issue before this automatic commercial detection started.

Add The Herd with Colin Cowherd to another recording with wrong commercial detection. FS1.

1 Like

Likewise, the new detection is not enabled on Fox networks, including Fox Sports and Fox News networks.

From the main thread:

I will keep working on adding support, but it looks like it is not possible to implement for these:

• ABC, including disney, freeform, ngc, fx
  • FOX, including fox sports and fox news
  • NBC, including bravo, syfy, and other nbc.com/live stations

You can see by the timeline that it is playing where it says the first commercial is.

I'm not saying there aren't commercial markers; what is being said is that it is not related to the new TVE ad detection.

It is either an error of some other sort, or something with the regular comskip ad detection.

Comskip has never been engaged because I don't want commercial detection.
This issue started when this new "feature" was added. Never before.

Are you saying you have disabled:

1. Commercial detection completely;
  2. Commercial detection on MSNBC and FS1 selectively; or,
  3. Commercial detection on the individual programs with issues?

(You are aware that commercial detection is not, and has never been, perfect nor consistent, right?)

I am aware of that and why I don't want it.

1.) Yes it is off and has never been on, although I toggled it a week or so ago attempting to troubleshoot the issue.

2.) Every recording I watched today other than my local Fox news show had issues. Fox local news show no commercials detected.

3.) Sorry don't understand question 3.

Commercial detection can be set at 3 levels:

• Globally, for all recordings
  • If globally enabled, specific channel numbers can be selectively ignored from detection
  • Regardless of the global setting, commercial detection can be enabled/disabled on a per-program basis

I was referring to the specific programs' setting for detection, as that is separate from the global setting.

(There is also a fourth condition, but it must be manually done via the command line: certain categories can be ignored for detection, such as disabling detections for all recordings marked as "Movie". But, I would think that if you did such a thing, such as enabling detection for "News" regardless of global setting, then you would have remembered.)

Do any of those settings matter if I have commercial detection unchecked on the main page?

In the override settings, commercial detection is not and has never been selected.

Just to verify, in the logs of your DVR, after the recording, there are indeed lines indicating that commercial detection was run?

MSNBC is starting a recording now that I can check for the issue...

Look for something like: [DVR] Running commercial detection on file …

I will check. How else do you think the commercial gaps in that Kodi screenshot would show up?

No clue. But if it's not showing in the log that detection is being called, then it would appear the issue isn't the DVR.