Tv Anywhere - Not Longer working

Today I found out the TV Everywhere is no longer working. It Fails authentification with the providers. I tried SuddenLink and YouTube Tv and same issue, and if I go online to the providers I can log in without issues.

Please include details so users don't have to guess:

• Which version of the DVR software are you using? (For TVE issues, you should be using the latest pre-release.)
  • Which hardware platform are you using?
  • Which OS/version are you using?
  • Have you ensured that your OS/system is fully up-to-date?
  • Which version of Chrome/Chromium are you using? How is it installed? Is it up-to-date?

Please don't make us guess. Aiding in your own support can only help you …

1 Like

Huh, Suddenlink fails and shows you a Google error page?

Yes for Sudenlink and YouTube TV does the same .
I install Channels on different computer and I have the same issue.

If you haven’t already, update to the latest prerelease version, and then submit diagnostics from the web ui after the failure.

I did 2 weeks ago when we start having issues with some channels not working.

2 weeks ago there have been a few releases since then.

I ran into the same problem a few weeks past, and it turned out by Bitdefender firewall was blocking the login. I had to add exceptions for the URL to the firewall to get it working again. Check your firewall to make sure it isn't blocking the page.

I'm having the same issue with Suddenlink on the Channels DVR server I set up for my Mom. TV Everywhere suddenly stopped working the other evening. The last time I lost access to some TV Everywhere channels a few weeks back, updating to the latest pre-release fixed it. I tried that last night but it didn't work.

I made the mistake of trying a re-scan and the total available TV Everywhere channels went from 149 to 67. Since I'd already lost the channels, I tried removing Suddenlink and adding it back. Similar to the OP I'm getting an error that states "Cable provider authentication failed."

• Synology DS218+ for the server and a Windows 10 PC and a Chromebook as clients
  • DSM 6.2.4-25556 for the server. Windows 10 Pro Version 21H1 Build 19043.1165 and ChromeOS Version 92.0.4515.157 (Official Build) (64-bit) for the clients.
  • Yes. The server is up-to-date for DSM 6. DSM 7 exists but I have not updated yet as it sounds like the process for Channels and Plex is a bit more involved than just hitting update.
  • Chrome Version 92.0.4515.159 (Official Build) (64-bit) on the Windows 10 PC and ChromeOS
    Version 92.0.4515.157 (Official Build) (64-bit) for the Chromebook. Both are the latest available for each.

Logs have been submitted as ac6562d9-9047-4cb9-9be6-6ff211fbff3f .

The firewall is off and I don't have any antivirus

or spam installed

Please try with the 2021.08.27.0029 build

I did still the same issue. I even put the software on the laptop to connect to a different internet provider ( T-Mobile) and still same issue. Maybe some changes have been done on the Suddenlink provider

, change some certificates or something

Channels on Windows with YTTV has been broken for almost two months. I have sent in multiple logs and no luck yet. I verified a while back it works on Docker but I don’t want to run it on Docker. Unfortunately if this doesn’t get fixed I won’t be renewing my Channels subscription which is a shame because it’s great for aggregating multiple sources.

See lower part of this thread for all previous posts around the issue.

I fixed the issue with Suddenlink . I found a backup from 6 months ago and I restored having the credentials already saved on the backup. I tried to add my Youtube TV and of course, didn't work but I stop playing with it since at least one source works.
I am running version 2021.09.08.0026
Thank you

Can't login to TV Anywhere
Screen Shot 2021-10-20 at 6.40.18 PM

Try click-and-hold on the Sign In button after entering your login. If that doesn't work, submit diagnostics under Support > Troubleshooting

1 Like

It worked. Thank you!

1 Like