TV Anywhere stuck on "Verifying login" (Asustor NAS)

Finally restarted my DVR subscription (yay!) in order to add TV Everywhere for my DIRECTV NOW. Unfortunately, after logging in with the proper credentials, the DVR appears to hang on "Verifying login on DIRECTV NOW."

Taking a peek at the log it looks like it could be on AT&T's end?

2019/08/15 15:06:22 [TVE] Auth starting for ATTOTT as [email address redacted]
2019/08/15 15:06:22 [TVE] action=auth mvpd=ATTOTT requestor=nbcentertainment

It's been like that for 10 minutes already. Any thoughts?

Can you copy/paste the OS/CPU section from the top of the DVR? I don't think anyone has tried this on Asustor yet.

Looks like I'll be the guinea pig! LOL

OS
Asustor AS7008T
Linux
(kernel: 4.14.x)

CPU
4 cores / Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-4330 CPU @ 3.50GHz
load averages: 9.60 10.30 9.24

RAM
15.43 GB
76.9% free

Updated with the latest firmware.

Those load averages are through the root. Can you check the processor monitor or ssh and use ps or top. Probably the runaway ld-2.x process trying to start Chrome

Does Asustor have a way to install docker containers?

Seems to be running three instances! Probably from three attempts to log in. :man_facepalming:

Yes, there's an app available for it:

Kill those ld processes and try setting up the fancybits/channels-dvr:tve container with host mode networking instead

No idea how to set up containers, will have to do a little homework I guess. LOL

Okay no worries. Let me try one thing in the next build which might fix the issue.

Can you update to the latest build and try again. To update, click-and-hold the Check For Update button.

That seems to have done the trick, it's still taking a long time to verify, but opening the log shows a bunch of new activity, including scanning TVE channels. Fingers crossed!

1 Like

Oh, and I was able to use Portainer to set up a fancybits/channels-dvr:tve container, but can't seem to figure out the host mode networking... nothing I do seems to create published ports, so I have no way to launch the container. :man_shrugging:

And... success! Whatever you did worked. Thanks much! :smile:

EDIT: Oh, and WOW! This is very cool. :clap:

3 Likes

Due to the Deadbolt Ransomware attack I had to delete Channels from my ASUSTOR NAS and I'm trying to add a TVE source and when I enter the credentials I get an error "The TVE feature requires the fancybits/channels-dvr:tve docker container".
I verified that the credentials are correct....

Any ideas?

Did you install using docker?

No I used App Central manual process .