TV Everywhere Issue - Losing Channels

Greetings! I have successfully been using DirecTV Stream credentials on TV Everywhere for well over a year receiving approx 190 channels. However, in the last few weeks I have lost significant amounts of channels that rescans can't bring back ... in fact I lose more channels. I have been able to remove the DirecTV Stream then re-add back to TV Everywhere where most all of the channels return. I am wondering if anyone else is experiencing this with DirecTV Stream or any other subscriptions? Also, any ideas as to what I should be looking at? Thank You,
Steve

1 Like

Not uncommon. Happens to me on Xfinity.
Suggestions would be to make sure you run the latest DVR prerelease version, keep your headless chrome up to date and when you run into the issue again try following the TVE Troubleshooting tips
Usually I just need to do steps 9 & 10

I lost one channel on TVE due to a DNS issue.
Reelz hasn't come back as of yet. The feed is good, but for some reason, where I'm at, the specific server on their cluster has some issue that is causing a delay.
I'm hoping things will straighten around.

2 Likes

Thank You for the tips... are there any instructions on how to keep my headless chrome up to date?

2 Likes

Depends on what you're running Channels DVR server on.

Some installs rely on Channels DVR to keep its included version updated, while others rely on the user to keep their chromium browser up to date. I have never seen a definitive list of what are in each category, just see mentions in some posts.

I know the servers I run (Synology package and Docker container) use Channels DVR provided headless chrome.

I think for Windows installs it uses the Chrome browser installed on Windows.

As for the rest of the installs, I'm sure the developers would know.