TV Everywhere Not Working on YouTube TV

My TV Everywhere channels have been working fine on YouTube TV until today and now none of them work. I tried the usual stuff, reboot server, reboot AppleTV, install pre-release software version and rescanned channels. Rescanning channels was extremely slow and when it was done showed about 40 channels vs 135 before. I deleted YouTube TV as a source and when I went to add it back I get a "Cable Provider Authentication Failed" error.
I haven't changed my password and I can get into the YouTube TV app with no problem. I tried to log into the Fxx TV channel on my PC browser and I get an error on that as well so for whatever reason it appears my password has somehow changed or is not recognized. Any Ideas?

Seeing the same issue here. This seems like an problem with YoutubeTV/TVE and not with ChannelsDVR.

If I try to login to any network's website directly via TVE I get: "An unhandled error has occurred."

EDIT: Seems to be a problem with YouTubeTV's TVE login as a whole

https://x.com/JoeySchmittPhD/status/1819002721522844060

FWIW, and not to hijack the thread, but I'm seeing similar behavior with Sling as a source. Unhandled exception when attempting to re-add, credentials verified, etc.. So maybe it's something larger?

Interesting. It might be a problem with Synacor then. I believe they are the common authentication provider that is behind most TV services.

Its weird. It's only some (but most?) channels. ESPN and Discover, TNT and TBS are a no-go but Hallmarks are fine.

Just tried again and it seems to be working now.

1 Like

I just tried it as well and it appears to be working for me as well. I wonder what was broken.

I am not able to get YouTube TV to cooperate - I get the authentication screen, and authenticate correctly, but then get "Cable provider authentication failed" screen from Channels. What is the trick to this?