TV Everywhere on RPi 4: Not working

Hi,

I had thought TV Everywhere works on the RPi 4, per:

TV Everywhere sources are supported in Channels DVR Server installed on all Windows, Mac, and Linux based computers. This includes the Raspberry Pi 4 or equivalent.

However, I just tried adding a source, now that TVision has TV Everywhere support, and received the "The TVE feature is not currently available on DVRs with ARM CPUs". I also noticed that the web interface is no longer streaming successfully to me again (previously fixed). I wonder if the system is not picking up that I'm on an RPi 4?

Logs have been submitted as 19929236-20ca-431f-883e-ab011bb13690. I'm on Channels DVR version 2021.02.04.1931.

Thanks!

You either need to use the official Pi image, or run apt install chromium-browser.

That worked. I recommend changing the error message for that situation. Thanks!

The message is different if you use the arm64 build. With the armv7l build we don't have a good way to know if your system can support TVE or not.

Understood. However, the error message would be more useful if it suggests something like: “If you see this message on an RPi, please check that chromium-browser is installed.”

In any case, it’s all good now. Is there a limit to how many simultaneous recordings are possible with TV Everywhere on RPi 4?

Their doc has:

• If you plan to use TV Everywhere, install your linux distrubution's chrome or chromium package. For example, apt-get install chromium-browser xvfb .

and they have a dedicated Pi image. I don't think they need better error handling, in this case :slight_smile:

For simultaneous recordings - I've gone at least 5 deep on the dedicated image, i believe, without issue. I admittedly haven't tried that hard to stress test, though. It's also YMMV since you're on a homebrew build, to some extent.

2 Likes

Not sure if this is the same issue or not. I've been using the stock RPi4 image with TVE for the last month or so. Today the TV Everywhere logins abruptly stopped working, initially under 2021.02.04.1931. I tried updating to the latest pre-release build in case this was a version-specific issue. I can still login to dedicated TV Everywhere apps with the same credentials, leading me to think it is a Channels issue. Anyone else having similar issues?

Thanks!

Send in diagnostics. I would also post on the provider links for whatever you’re using to login.