TV Everywhere Science Channel? Anyone else?

Lost it using my DTV login. Says no refresh token.

Trying to rescan Science Channel on the latest pre-release, 2021.07.23.0239, and I'm getting this error "invalid character '<' looking for beginning of value". I am able to watch on the Science Channel website with my Spectrum credentials.

Just checked again and still the same issue. :frowning_face:

Same here: "no refresh token"

The DVR uses the following URL which is no longer working: https://www.sciencechannel.com/watch/science

The new url and website are very different. It will take us a few weeks to integrate it.

4 Likes

It appears that All Disccovery Channels are affected. 6101-6114. Can't connect to any of them.
"no auth token"

If you update to prerelease I think that fixes that issue. That happened to me.

Updates did not fix the issue.

Did you try rescanning that one channel via the Rescan channels menu? Did you update your password already too?

It required deleting the TVE Tuner. Now I'm in process of rescanning the Discovery Channels but it will take serveral hours to get them all back to authenticated. Can only rescan two at a time every 20 minutes. But at least the "no auth token" issue has gone away. I'll reply if Science comes back up.

Science Channel will not come back. I scan rescan all my TVE channels in under 5 mins or add them.

Since the new science channel lets you watch all the stations with one login, it's good news in terms of making discovery stations less of a problem going forward. You won't have to rescan them manually and wait in between with this new site. I imagine this new design will be coming to all the other discovery websites soon.

1 Like

You don't have spectrum is why you can do it so quicky. Spectrum has a two stream limit and does not timeout properly and can take up to an hour for the timeout to expire. I hear that philo doesn't have this issue but Im not going to pay another 20 bucks when I can just be patient and live with rescanning.

Since the stream no longer works or has changed can it be removed from channels so I can reset my xTeve. Broken streams are creating a mess with my xTeve docker container.

I don't use xteve, but can't you just disable the channel in the Channels DVR source?

When I have a channel that doesn't work or I don't want, I just disable it in xteve. You can also disable the channel in Channels DVR as well. xteve will pick up the change automatically.

I wish it was that easy, but the container doesnt stay running to get to that point. It just stays at the updating database page and loops forever. I have to shutdown the container in the NAS and reset it to create new database.

Hide the channels on the dvr?

Does not work on my XFINITY.

2021/07/24 09:27:54.856576 [ERR] Could not start stream for TVE-Comcast_SSO ch6110 SCIENCE: TVE: invalid character '<' looking for beginning of value