TV Everywhere Science Channel? Anyone else?

1 Like

2021/07/25 10:19:29.520536 [ERR] Could not start stream for TVE-Philo ch6110 SCIENCE: TVE: no refresh token
2021/07/25 10:19:29.723063 [TVE] action=discovery_resolve data={"code":401,"message":"Unauthorized","description":"Access to the requested resource path is unauthorized"}
2021/07/25 10:19:29.776625 [ERR] Could not start stream for TVE-Spectrum ch6110 SCIENCE: TVE: 401 Unauthorized: Access to the requested resource path is unauthorized

Not working on Philo on pre-release even after password update and rescan.

We know. Did you read the post right above yours?

I sure did. I also read the even more recent post asking to reauthenticate and rescan.

Upgraded to pre-release, deleted and reinstalled the tuner. 6110 / Science Channel is missing entirely from the line-up mappings. One of the few channels I watch :-/

Have you read the thread? Science Channel has changed their website, and in doing so they changed how they stream with TVE credentials. The new method is not supported, and it will most likely be a few weeks before the developers can get it working again. In the interim it is unavailable/disabled.

When the new method of TVE authentication/streaming is integrated into Channels for the Science Channel is done, the advantage will be that it ought to be easier/quicker for all other Discovery Network channels, assuming they change their sites/systems as Science has done.

However, until Channels is updated to handle the new format, Science is unavailable. Instead of randomly posting a "me too" comment, please read the thread. I believe there are already 5 separate threads about Science no longer working!

Yikes. Not a friendly response. I understand that “they know” it doesn’t work and the challenges of web scraping, but a fix requiring a couple weeks negates the usefulness of the subscription. It’s unclear if it’s a low priority for the developers, or a complex rewrite that they’re actively working on.

2 Likes

If it helps I can now stream for both of these URL's. Form Science channel website.

The old URL just redirects. I hope that ChannelsDVR folks will get this resolved soon.

Please try with v2021.08.10.1912

2 Likes

Science channel is working for me now.

2 Likes

OMG! Yes, it is finally working again! Thank you so much for getting this fixed!

1 Like

Science channel is working here also. (Spectrum)
The one thing is I am not getting the whole guide. May need more time to download it.

1 Like

Must be something different with the Xfinity auth flow, because it doesn't work for me.

After updating to 2021.08.10.1912, I rescanned the channel and got this error
exception "Uncaught" (61:27): TypeError: Illegal invocation at reactValueSet (tveinterhelper.js:62:28) at scienceSelect (tveinterhelper.js:69:5) at tveinterhelper.js:82:5
Which created a chromedata folder

Rescanning a second time shows the error
Cable provider authentication failed

Rescanning a third time shows the same error
Cable provider authentication failed

Deleted the chromedata folder, restarted Channels and the same issues repeat.

Here's my tve_error_screenshot.png which looks like it was succesful?

Thank you, thank you, thank you. Science Channel working again here, on Spectrum.

1 Like

Looks like it got stuck on that page and didn't go back to the /live-now player. I will be able to see more in diagnostics.

Logs have been submitted as 09528019-d666-43ba-a1d7-971c91bbff0d

:+1:t3:

Thanks. Try v2021.08.10.2129

3 Likes

Golden!

1 Like