TV - Parental Ratings

I just noticed that content in channels DVR doesn't have parental ratings. Or if it's there im blind. Is it possible to enable this feature. Also i don't think i would of ever cared about this feature if it where not for virtual channels.

Ie: * TV-Y: All Children. ...

• TV-Y7: Directed to Older Children. ...
  • TV-Y7 FV: Directed to Older Children - Fantasy Violence. ...
  • TV-G: General Audience. ...
  • TV-PG: Parental Guidance Suggested. ...
  • TV-14: Parents Strongly Cautioned. ...
  • TV-MA: Mature Audience Only.

I only relized this because i was making a virtual channel rule and wanted to use parental rating.

Example: Ganres= Animated, Parental rating= TV-14 & TV-MA

The ratings are in the database, they're just not exposed. (I just verified by checking a recent recording, and the rating—TV14—was indeed returned when I requested the recording's full details.)

TV or MPAA ratings are not exposed. It's amazing to me that for all the years, no one's ever really commented on this.

1 Like

If there's anything to "complain" about i will find it. Lol.

Now that this was brought up, i was thinking about the kids mode feature, (which is great by the way) does that use the tv ratings to determine what is available in the guide? It would be nice if i could edit the setting to only allow TV-Y for example.

No, kids only mode uses the Library Visibility you set to build the Kids Section.

We've started to experiment with ratings, and there is expanded support now in the latest prerelease (starting with v2022.07.22.2352).

You can try an advanced smart rule, or a simple library search on web UI like one of these:

contentRating=TV-14
contentRating=[TV-Y, TV-G]

1 Like